cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing tariff

mikeiow

Changing tariff

We have a property that will get more usage in a few months of the year than others.
How often can I change tariff ?
Having just been charged for excess use, if I "up my tariff" will that be in addition to the £5 already charged ?
thanks
(couldn't easily see this on the Plusnet pages direct, and went round in circles trying !)
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Changing tariff

Once per month and will take place at the account month end normally
It can be done immediately but not via the normal upgrade process - you need to raise a ticket
Any extra usage already paid for will be ignored (using the standard system but can be over ridden at the discretion of the agent when the change is immediate) in calculated the cost increase which is related to the change in base tariff only
Edited to reflect the clarification by the other Chris below
mikeiow

thanks, sounds like I will get taken for that extra £5 this month then (we have used 10.31GB of my 10GB allowance, didn't spot the email warning me in time 😞
I can only see the "product change" which I think is the "normal upgrade process" - how would I "raise a ticket" - can I do this online ?
cheers, appreciate the rapid reply !!
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi mikeiow,
I can get this arranged for you straight away, putting you on the Extra package with 60GB of usage, this will wipe out your additional charge that you incurred for extra usage  :), let me know and I'll get this done straight away for you.
Chris  Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Chris,
Is this the normal procedure or are you doing a special.
If normal I will edit my post
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Normal procedure is on the next billing date, however we've been doing instant ones where we believe it's good to do so manually for a while.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

That wasn't the bit I was querying - it was this
Quote from: chrispurvey
Hi mikeiow,
I can get this arranged for you straight away, putting you on the Extra package with 60GB of usage, this will wipe out your additional charge that you incurred for extra usage  :), let me know and I'll get this done straight away for you.
Chris  Smiley
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That's not automated, that bit is at our discretion simply because account changes aren't supposed to happen until the next billing date.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.