Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing package / ask a question

marky9074
Dabbler

Changing package / ask a question

Hi there,
Unfortunately I've been out of work since June and have decided to implement the austerity measures! When I look at my plan I am on unlimited fibre, yet I am on a legacy contract paying £19.99 a month (which is the current price for unlimited fibre extra). I seem to remember back in the dark and distant past changing from extra due to the fact the exchange could not possibly reach those speeds. Anyhow, I went into the section to change my package and there is no option other than to keep the package I am on.....
That said, I decided to raise a ticket with the 'ask a question' feature in the member centre, yet I cannot find this anywhere....  I can find the portal for reading your messages, however I cannot even retrieve those. So as a last resort I tried to call, but there is a 30+ minute waiting queue....
So I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place. I basically want to reduce my package to the minimum unlimited, assume I will get ~15MB/s and be able to retain my static IP. That will be good enough for me in the short term. Could anyone give some advice on how to do this, or should I just sit on hold?
17 REPLIES 17
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Changing package / ask a question

Phone Customer Options on 0800 432 0200
marky9074
Dabbler

30+ minute waiting
dick:quote
Oldjim
Resting Legend

it is still the only route although I used to try early in the morning as that was quicker http://portal.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212
EDIT
I just realised that that is the normal support number - there used to be a dedicated one for that - I think that this is it  0800 013 2632
marky9074
Dabbler

That's a good link thanks, good to know when there are slack times to try and call. I'm currently waiting on the live chat now. Tried the other number - just gets routed back through to the one I was on with 30+ minutes wait.....
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I just tried it and selected "I am thinking of leaving" 15 minute delay stated
marky9074
Dabbler

I just got through on the chat, but they told me to ring the 0800 013 2632 number....
I pointed out that the queue is 60 minutes, and that when ringing that number it still said ~30 minute wait. She then said the same - 15 minute wait. Will try the 'thinking of leaving then'. Thanks - will let you know how I get on.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Just FYI, there's roughly only a 4 minutes wait for customer options at the moment (I'm thinking of leaving) so I'd you've made it through by now Wink
I think there may still be a warning for long waits as other call queues are up around roughly 15 minutes.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
marky9074
Dabbler

Thanks Harry. I'm still a little bemused that the option to ask a question has disappeared from the portal (it even states on the pre-recorded message to log in and raise a ticket).... where did this option go?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

They hid it and also totally emasculated it even if you do find it so a total waste of time
marky9074
Dabbler

OK, well worth the effort to speak to somebody (took ~7 minutes more or less) - so kudos to PlusNet in my opinion.
Waived my phone tariff for three months, and reduced my package to £10/month for fibre unlimited (albeit on an 18 month contract). I can take a hit on the speed (38Mb is fast enough for me) and I can always wind it back up again if needed. Halving my bill is a result in my opinion.
Cheers,
Mark
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Worth noting that your upload speed will now only be 2Mbps - This was made clear by the agent you spoke to wasn't it...?
marky9074
Dabbler

....errrr, no Angry
Download speeds were reiterated twice when reeling out the T&C's and then confirming, but nothing was said about the upload speed.....
marky9074
Dabbler

Hmm and I never got the three months call charge waivered either.... Sad
BenB
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 20

Hi marky9074,
I'm sorry to see that your discounts had not been applied to your account correctly for the 3 months free Anytime calls.
I have looked into this for you and made the amendments so these will reflect in your next monthly bills. For this months bill which has just been taken, I have refunded £6 as this would have been the first of the 3 months to be discounted. Please allow up to 14 days for these funds to appear in your account. If the funds do not appear please contact us as soon as possible.