cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing maximum extra monthly spend after hitting cap

deurone

Changing maximum extra monthly spend after hitting cap

Hiya,
I was told I was nearing my usage limit by email so I set a maximum extra monthly spend limit of £5. Now that I have used that up, my internet bandwidth has been reduced to 256k which is what I expected, but I have decided that I would like my normal speed again.
So I have removed my maximum monthly spend ("not set") but this is not yet reflected on my account profile, it still says "used x amount of 65gb limit" when it should be 70 or 75gb. My speeds are still slow. It has been a couple of hours and I'm wondering if the changes are going to happen anytime soon because my next monthly allowance begins in a few days and I will have to spend an extra £10 for nothing if nothing actually changes until the last second.
Any ideas or solutions appreciated, thanks Smiley
3 REPLIES 3
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Changing maximum extra monthly spend after hitting cap

Try setting it to £10
deurone

Hi there, thanks for replying Smiley
I originally changed it to £15 but I waiting an hour and nothing happened, so I changed it to "not set" and it is exactly the same problem. I feel that I need to get in contact with plusnet to speed up this change, as it doesn't seem to be registering on their computer system automatically, at least not very quickly at all. It could take a whole day at this rate, and I will have paid an extra £5 for nothing then! I do not think it is very fair for them to take so long about implementing a change like this.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

give them a call as that will be quicker