Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from value to extra

musicman1965
Dabbler

Changing from value to extra

Hi,
Just a quick question . I am on the value tariff which I got on the special offer of half-price for 12 months so 6.49 ( I unfortunately live in a high price area!!). If I upgrade to the extra tariff will I have to just pay the extra £5? or the full 17.99?
Thanks
9 REPLIES 9
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Changing from value to extra

Hi there,
As we reduce the monthly price for broadband using a discounts tool it would be a case of paying the extra fiver as we'd still be deducting the same amount from the subscription but the subscription itself would increase.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
musicman1965
Dabbler

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response.
Can I upgrade the package online?  If I do I should be charged the extra £5 -is that right?
PS - I wonder do I have to wait until next month or can you change mid-month?
Thanks again for your help
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

HI musicman1965,
Yes we can change that straight away for you, just let us know when you want to go ahead.
Jojo Smiley
musicman1965
Dabbler

Hi,
Yes I would like to change to the extra tarriff. How can I let you know?
thanks
dick:quote
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
If you log in to your members centre on our website and look at the pink bar across the top there should be an entry for product change - if you click on that and follow the wizard you'll be able to request a change to Extra which will take place on your next billing date Smiley
Hope that helps.
musicman1965
Dabbler

Hi,
Is it possible to change half-way through the month or do you have to wait?
Thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

You can request the change at any time but it'll always take effect on your next billing date I'm afraid.
EDIT: Apologies, that's no longer the case - we can make the change mid-month if you like. If you raise a ticket or call our support centre we'll get it sorted for you (if you use the product change link in the portal as I said above it'll automatically happen on your next billing date).
smccafferty

Just be sure to check your invoice when it comes in... This is exactly what I did, but my discount wasn't applied, so I'm charged the full amount rather than receiving the discount I am supposed to be eligible for.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Just be sure to check your invoice when it comes in...

Alternatively give me a heads up via PM before making the change as account changes will remove pending discounts but in this type of scenario they should be reapplied manually.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team