cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing from Extra fibre to Unlimited fibre - naff deal?

wrightgj
Grafter

Changing from Extra fibre to Unlimited fibre - naff deal?

Hi all,
I'm currently on Extra fibre and assumed that as the top package now comes as unlimited, I would be converted over automatically?
I raised a ticket to get the usage cap removed, but was told that I would need to take out a new 18 month contract at 19.99 a month just to have the cap removed? This doesn't sound a very appealing offer to me, as new joiners currently get unlimited usage on the equivalent package and half price 9.99 for the first six months...
cheers
graham
9 REPLIES 9
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Changing from Extra fibre to Unlimited fibre - naff deal?

Hi there,
I'd recommend having a word with our COT team to see if they can arrange something for you? I daresay it'd be possible Smiley
wrightgj
Grafter

Ok, thanks. but who are the COT team?  Smiley
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Customer Options team - basically call our regular support number but choose the option that you're thinking of leaving.
Anonymous
Not applicable

[quote=Plusnet Member Centre]Call our Customer Options Team on: 0845 140 6002 or 0330 123 9197
    Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
    Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
    You'll need your username and password handy
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks very much purleigh Smiley
wrightgj
Grafter

Ok, thanks. Shame it's a telephone number.
I tried via a ticket and they didn't seem to understand the issue. It seems strange you need to threaten to leave when my cap was raised from 120GB to 250GB with no fuss.
I guess I need to start looking at what the competition are offering if that's the case.
As a tester I tried the product change route and it seems the line rental has gone up 50p and my talk anytime would now be £5 rather than £4?
regards,
graham
wrightgj
Grafter

.deleted duplicate
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

You are not threatening to leave, that team handle both Customer Options and Retentions. Giving them a call enables account details to be reviewed and hopefully an offer made which the customer is happy with.
You've nothing to lose by trying.
David
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I'm a little confused
I tried the product change route and it seems the line rental has gone up 50p and my talk anytime would now be £5 rather than £4?

I thought if you were only changing the broadband part of your package it had no effect on the telephone part, after all the Plusnet Talk Service Terms states:
The Talk Service terms and Price guide operates independently to the Broadband Service terms and Price guide.

Reference http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/index.html
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.