cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing direct debits, told I have to pay by credit card?

LukasD
Dabbler

Changing direct debits, told I have to pay by credit card?

I'm currently in the process of changing the direct debit I use to pay my Plusnet bills to a different bank account.  The next bill isn't due until the beginning of November but I've just recieved an email saying I need to pay it by credit card.

The new direct debit will be complete within a couple of days - still 3 weeks before the next bill. Why am I being told that I can't use it for the next bill and will have to pay with a credit card instead?

1 REPLY 1
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Changing direct debits, told I have to pay by credit card?

Hi @LukasD,

Apologies for any confusion/concern caused by the automated emails you've been receiving.

When a new direct debit instruction is submitted, this causes the current/old details to be removed from the account. If there aren't any card details on the account while the new DD is still pending activation, these emails are sent to advise to ensure there is a form of payment on the account.

If the new DD instruction is active prior to the next billing date, a card payment would be required. As it can take up to 10 working days for a direct debit instruction to become active, it's possible this could take you past your billing date, judging from the date when the new instruction was submitted and when your billing date is.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet