Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Plusnet Passwords

starfry
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Changing Plusnet Passwords

I want to change my Plusnet passwords.

I'd like to know if the password used to manage my account here on portal.plus.net is the same password that I enter into my router configuration or are they distinct ?

I want to change both, and I want each of them to be different.

I don't want to try it and risk cutting myself off until I know what is the correct thing to do.

Also, for completeness, there are the passwords (for FTP) to the static hosting webservers and the "ccgi" webservers.

I know the ccgi password is different but I believe the static "standard webspace" password is the same as the account password - is it possible for these to differ ?

There's also community.plus.net but I know that one is different.

Advice appreciated.

3 REPLIES 3
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

Re: Changing Plusnet Passwords

@starfry

The Member Centre password is the same as the Router configuration connection password as it is the same account. So as it is the same account, when you reset the password at the member centre you must update the router.

And the Member Centre is the portal.plus.net (just to clarify)

edit: clarify member centre

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

@starfry wrote:

Also, for completeness, there are the passwords (for FTP) to the static hosting webservers and the "ccgi" webservers.

I know the ccgi password is different but I believe the static "standard webspace" password is the same as the account password - is it possible for these to differ ?

If you change the account/member centre password the FTP password for basic/standard webspace should change to the same one. Users can't set this independently.

The ccgi Hosting control panel password is independent of the account password and is set in control panel settings. The ccgi webspace FTP password is set within the Hosting FTP Manager app; this setting is in the Master FTP panel.

David
SimonCruddace
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Is this also the same username and password that you are asked for if you phone Plusnet customer services?