Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Packages

annapp
Grafter

Changing Packages

Hi,
I received the email about the Plusnet price increases and started looking at package prices. I joined Plusnet in 2008 and took the Plusnet Premium + the Talk Anytime International 300 phone plan.
I currently pay monthly:
Plusnet Premium £15.99
Line rental £13.99
Call plan£6.00
Total: £35.98
In October this will increase to £36.98 (I think)
However looking at your current packages if I changed to Broadband Unlimited & Calls:
Broadband Unlimited (Contracted) £9.99
Line Rental £14.50
Plusnet Anytime International 300 £7.00
Total: £31.49
I would have exactly the same broadband & phone service (as far as I can see nothing would any different) and save £5 a month!
If someone from Plusnet could confirm this, and that there would be no disruption to either my Broadband or Phone service, I would be grateful.
Many thanks
Annette
9 REPLIES 9
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Changing Packages

While waiting for an official answer - there will be no disruption as it all happens within Plusnet's systems but have you considered the Line Rental Saver which will cut the effective cost per month and doesn't increase until 1st October
scoobydoo1
Grafter

Quote from: annapp
Hi,
I received the email about the Plusnet price increases and started looking at package prices. I joined Plusnet in 2008 and took the Plusnet Premium + the Talk Anytime International 300 phone plan.
I currently pay monthly:
Plusnet Premium £15.99
Line rental £13.99
Call plan£6.00
Total: £35.98
In October this will increase to £36.98 (I think)
However looking at your current packages if I changed to Broadband Unlimited & Calls:
Broadband Unlimited (Contracted) £9.99
Line Rental £14.50
Plusnet Anytime International 300 £7.00
Total: £31.49
I would have exactly the same broadband & phone service (as far as I can see nothing would any different) and save £5 a month!
If someone from Plusnet could confirm this, and that there would be no disruption to either my Broadband or Phone service, I would be grateful.
Many thanks
Annette

personally if I were you, I would ring plusnet and ask for mac code, shop around first to find the best deal, and ask them if they can match it, I wouldn't simply just switch package (same supplier) if you could make savings elsewhere (new isp) theres loads of offers around be it sky, talk talk etc etc, use a comparison site and see what the best deal is for you, then decide my best advice tho is to ask plusnet before you switch package with them to offer you a deal or match or better the deal you found
I agree getting line rental saver would be the best option with whoever you decide to go with as you will save a lot in the long run
also think about quidco or topcashback, for cashback when/if switching
annapp
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for the replies, I don't want to leave Plusnet, overall, despite some problems, the service has been excellent and support have been very good & helpful. But obviously if I am paying £5 a month more than I need to for exactly the same service, it would be worth a few mouse clicks to save a fiver:-) After all I have been a loyal customer for 5 years! At some point will probably move to fibre but not yet.
Anyway will wait to see what Plusnet have to say.
Annette
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi annapp,
I can confirm that if you changed your account type from Premier to Unlimited there'd be no downtime, as the service itself isn't changing - as Jim says it's all done on our systems internally so the service itself isn't affected.
If you were upgrading to Fibre there might be a short outage while the engineer installs the new service but as it's just the account type(s) changing at this time there won't be Smiley
Hope that helps, and thanks.
annapp
Grafter

Thats great, thanks Matt.
annapp
Grafter

Hi Matt,
On Saturday (7th September) I made the product upgrade, to change my Broadband from Premium to Unlimited and my phone plan to Plusnet Anytime International 300. I have received confirmation of the change of phone plan and in member centre it notes that this plan will change on the 12 September, but I have received no confirmation of the broadband change and there is no mention of it in the member centre. Should I open a support ticket?
Thanks
Annette
Oldjim
Resting Legend

look in closed tickets - it should be there
annapp
Grafter

Oldjim,
Thanks, yes there is a service notice:
Broadband product change scheduled successfully
To: Plusnet Unlimited (Contracted)
This change will take place on the next billing date, 2013-09-12 00:00:00
Just thought it was odd to receive an email acknowledging the phone plan change but not the broadband plan change.
Thanks again.
Annette
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I agree that it is a bit silly but the reason why you had one for the phone plan change is that it happens part way through the billing period whereas the broadband change doesn't