cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Package from Premier Option 1 to Extra

psross
Dabbler

Changing Package from Premier Option 1 to Extra

I am considering changing package from Premier Option 1 to Extra. I've read the Product Change Policy, but this appears to be out of date. As a result, I have a few questions.
1. The policy makes no mention of the Extra package. Do the terms that apply to the changes to the old Premium package now apply to Extra?
2. The policy states that 'customers changing from previously sold products to Plusnet Value, Plusnet Pro or Plusnet Premium would begin a new 12 month contract'. Does this mean that, as an existing customer on a monthly contract, if I change package I'll be tied in for a year?
3. New customers get a No Contract option instead of the 12 month contract. Is this an option if I change package?
4. The policy states that 'customers choosing a new 12 month contract would be entitled to one free house move and a wireless router. The 12 month contract option does not include a free house move or wireless router'. This doesn't make sense. Does the 12 month contract include a free house move and wireless router or not (is the second sentence supposed to say 'The No Contract option does not include...')?
5. What charges would be made if I was to move house within 12 months of changing package?
I'd appreciate it if someone could point me at an official answer to these questions. If someone at Plusnet could update the Product Change Policy, that'd be good too!
Thanks,
Phil
1 REPLY 1
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Changing Package from Premier Option 1 to Extra

Hi psross,
Quote from: psross
1. The policy makes no mention of the Extra package. Do the terms that apply to the changes to the old Premium package now apply to Extra?

As you go through the upgrade wizard you'll be presented with the terms and conditions for the new product and will need to click to accept before the upgrade request is submitted. They are broadly the same but there will be differences.
2. The policy states that 'customers changing from previously sold products to Plusnet Value, Plusnet Pro or Plusnet Premium would begin a new 12 month contract'. Does this mean that, as an existing customer on a monthly contract, if I change package I'll be tied in for a year?

All of our broadband products now only require a 10 day notice period and have no contract longer than that. The only 12 month contract fees possible are for a deferred router or house move. Basically if you defer the cost of a new router or a house move, and then leave within 12 months of that happening, you're charged the deferred cost.
3. New customers get a No Contract option instead of the 12 month contract. Is this an option if I change package?

As per my answer above all accounts now only require 10 days notice for a cancellation request, so yes it's the default option.
4. The policy states that 'customers choosing a new 12 month contract would be entitled to one free house move and a wireless router. The 12 month contract option does not include a free house move or wireless router'. This doesn't make sense. Does the 12 month contract include a free house move and wireless router or not (is the second sentence supposed to say 'The No Contract option does not include...')?

Again please see my answer to 2 above - the house move and router costs can be deferred but are regarded as separate contracts from your broadband. You'll only be required to pay back the cost that was deferred in the first place, and only then if you leave within 12 months of the router/house move being ordered.
5. What charges would be made if I was to move house within 12 months of changing package?

You can either pay the whole cost up front (£65 for a house move or £40 for a router) or defer the cost for a year on the terms I mention above.
Hope that helps,