Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Direct Debit leading to failed payments

FIXED
markjwarner
Hooked

Changing Direct Debit leading to failed payments

Hi

On 26th August I changed the account that my direct debit payment comes from. This was submitted in your online Member Centre and confirmed by email. As far as I was aware, everything has been OK since then.

However, tonight I have received multiple emails and texts saying that a payment due on 25th September was not made and as a result my service has been restricted. Looking back through my accounts, I can see that you didn't take my monthly payment at the end of August, despite there being funds in the original account that I have been using for years and the new one that I provided you with the details of. It appears that the direct debit change has confused your system and it didn't take any payments from my account at all that month.

A few questions:

* Why didn't your system take a payment following the direct debit change?

* Why has it taken so long for me to be informed about this... and why did you restrict my service without any warning whatsoever?

* Will this missing payment appear on my credit file? If so, can this be removed as the error doesn't appear to be my fault?

I have just paid the missing amount with a card but whenever I try to visit the Plus.net Member Centre, it's telling me that another payment is missing from Tuesday 30th November 1999 and it won't let me proceed any further.

I've tried to call but gave up waiting so if anyone here has any advice / answers, I would be very grateful.

Thank you,

Mark

3 REPLIES 3
cazpro777
Grafter

Re: Changing Direct Debit leading to failed payments

I have had the same issue
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Fix

Hi @markjwarner,

I'm sorry to see this has happened and have created a ticket on your account with further information for you to look over here.

Let us know if there is anything else we can help you out with.

I can see that a colleague has picked up your comments on another thread @cazpro777

markjwarner
Hooked

Thank you very much for replying here and for your message @Mads. That's all fine now.