Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Broadband packages

phlim
Grafter

Changing Broadband packages

Hi,
Currently I live away from home, but my parents are paying for the value package at £12.99 a month for 10GB download in which they never use up. When I come home from University I tend to use the internet quite a bit. Recently I have seen the Unlimited broadband package for £9.99 per month which would make loads more sense for our household to have, so that when I am back from University I don't use up all the bandwidth and my parents don't have to spend an extra £3 a month for something they use occasionally.
My enquiry is how can I change my parents broadband package to this much more convenient package?
Thanks, Phil
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Changing Broadband packages

Click on this upgrade link -
https://portal.plus.net/upgrade_process.html?memberheader=upgrade
login to your parents account (username + password)
and then simply follow the prompts.
Smiley
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

You can change it but it is a 12 month contract so changing back isn't simple
However as they are paying £12,99 for Value that means they are on a Market 1 exchange and hence Unlimited is £16.99 per month with a 12 month contract
I think that without a 12 month tie in the cost is £2.50 per month more with the flexibility to move between products
There may be other options and I am sure the staff on here will advise if there are
phlim
Grafter

Thanks for the replies. Yes I have checked that link but the option for the 9.99 per month isn't there. And as Oldjim has stated I can only get the 16.99 or £19 products. So does this mean because we are on Market 1 exchange that where my parents are living they do not have access to the £9.99 option? This just seems a little odd.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes unfortunately that is correct, and yes it is very unfair !  Angry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi philm,
It sounds as though your parents are in a market 1 area which would mean the prices you have mentioned would be the chargeable price. You can enter their phone number here and see what market area their exchange is.
phlim
Grafter

Yes according to the Sam knows site we're part of the Market 1 exchange which sucks. Sad Oh the joys of living in the middle of nowhere!