Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Account Password

FIXED
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Changing Account Password

Does anyone know if it is still possible to change the Plusnet account password if thie orange banner is showing on the Member centre Home page:

An error has occurred

There's currently an issue with your account, meaning you can't make any changes to your services. Give us a call on 0800 432 0200 and we'll see if we can help

That is, does it preclude password changes as well as changes to call plans etc? I want to change my password but am reluctant to try it in case I end up locked out!

Also, if I change the Plusnet password on the Member Centre does the Hub1 automatically pick it up the next time I have to reconnect or is it better to disconnect, change the password on the Hub1 settings and reconnect? 

1 REPLY 1
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Changing Account Password

Fix

In the absence of any thoughts from the community, I took the plunge.

The presence of the banner does not prevent a change of account password. Also if the Hub 1 is connected to the internet when changing the password, it should  automatically pick up the new password (if not it can be input manually when reconnecting). Otherwise, only your mailbox usename@username.plus.net (other mailboxes have independent passwords) and any Plusnet webspace you have need updating.

Incidentally, I was prompted to change the password by Chrome which detected that my old password was "out there" on lists on the web (a feature of that browser introduced around the start of 2020 checks various web lists for password breaches when you use them). Has there been a Plusnet security breach recently?