cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed from Premium to Extra - wierd billing

sladkart
Grafter

Changed from Premium to Extra - wierd billing

I was on Premium paying £15.99 (since I am on M3 exchange).  I decided to change to Extra since my usage doesn't get near to 80GB.  I also decided to change from Home Phone E&W to Anytime at the same time.
The change-over happened yesterday, but now I'm confused by the 'mystical' PN billing system.
- I received an email saying that my product had been changed to Extra and telling me I would be paying £15.99.  Eh?  That was the Premium price.  I should be paying either £11.49 or £17.99, so where did £15.99 come from?  Because I'm on a M3 exchange I should be paying £11.49.
- A payment was then taken from my account for 'Outstanding Call Charges'.  This is to pay for the calls I made under E&W for last month in readiness for the changeover to Anytime.  Ok, that makes some sense.
- A ticket was added to my account saying that a discount is due on my account for £17.99 "due to their ADSL payment date being aligned with current Talk payment date".  What?  There is no sign of this discount under Transactions either.
- I have now been invoiced for £17.99 for Extra when it should be £11.49 as advertised for M3 exchange.
Can someone explain what's going on (apart from the usual 'strangeness' of the PN system) and confirm that going forward I will be paying £11.49 for Extra and NOT £17.99 ?
Thanks
29 REPLIES 29
twentythree
Grafter

Re: Changed from Premium to Extra - wierd billing

I had an almost entirely similar experience and I'm still not exactly sure what is happening. I was charged £17.99 for Extra despite being on a M3 exchange where it should be £11.49. When I queried this I was told it looks like the next month's BB charge has been waived and that I will be charged the correct £11.49 in the future. £17.99 for two months BB isn't bad I suppose - I just hope that is actually what will transpire...
Mand
Grafter

Hi robr,
I've added a ticket to your account to confirm things.
@twentythree, let me know if that's not the case.
Mad_Moggies
Rising Star

Oooo-er. I've had the same thing happen too. Following a phone call to CS, I'm to have a discount for all the extra put on my next 2 £17.99 payments as, I was told, the £17.99 can't be changed to £11.49 till the initial 3 months are up.
BTW, the email I got (before the DD notice giving a higher than expected payment) said
Broadband Product Extra
Monthly Subscription £10.99
After 0 month(s) your subscription will change to £15.99

This is on top of the discount muddle I had when I had both the discounted first 3 months of Premium and the phone 3 months Free Anytime running at the same time. I THINK that's all sorted out now but who knows!
Plusnet user since November 2003
Full Fibre since September 2023
Mac OS14 and Firefox user with latest versions of both
sladkart
Grafter

Thanks for the update Mand.  I'm happy with the workaround as it is in my favour, but I'll keep an eye on my billing to make sure the issue actually gets resolved.
Mand
Grafter

I've had a developer check things out and it certainly seems to be resolved, but let me know if it isn't.
@Mad Moggies, yours is a similar issue but as you say is complicated by the discount components.
Be3G
Grafter

I've moved to Extra this morning from Value and have been afflicted with the same problem: been charged the market 1/2 price despite being in market 3, but then have had a £17.99 discount automatically applied apparently because of Talk billing date alignment, same as robr.
So, this month I'm better off because I've got Extra free for a month, but I'm going to be very disappointed considering all the billing problems I've had with Plusnet if things are incorrect next month too. If I'm charged £18 for the next two months then that won't cut it because 2 × £18 is more than 3 × £11.50.
Also, not technically within the scope of this thread but my referral discount has also gone AWOL again – so whilst anyone's looking in to my account perhaps you could look at that too.
When will a product change ever go smoothly for me? This now marks the fourth in a row with problems.
Mand
Grafter

We've got a problem open on that issue, I'll see if I can get an update on it.
Mand
Grafter

We're about to roll the fix for this, and will then start on the cleanup.
Be3G
Grafter

Just to be clear, which issue are we talking about here – the £17.99 one or the referral one?
slipthru
Grafter

Same problem here, moved from premium to extra today and recieved an email stating i'll be charged £19.99 a month, had the same issue when i moved from pro to premium a couple of months back recieved an email stating i would be charged Market 1/2 prices when i'm on a market 3 exchange.  Very irritating.
Mand
Grafter

The account change one.
I'm loathe to do anything at the moment, as we're trying to get on with the clean up (so IMO best to wait for that as discounts have already been applied).
Be3G
Grafter

Right. How will we know if we've been successfully ‘cleaned up’ before waiting for another incorrect bill? I notice that my account summary lists Extra as costing £17.99 – will that change to show the correct price once things are fixed?
sladkart
Grafter

@Be3G - my account summary now lists Extra at £11.49 where it had it at £17.99 before.  So I think that should change as part of the cleanup. <fingers crossed>
Be3G
Grafter

Thanks robr, sounds promising.