cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changed contract in August, still on old one

rjheald
Hooked

Changed contract in August, still on old one

On 19th August I saw I had a special offer to renew my contract for 18 months. I accepted the offer and had an email saying that my new contract would take effect on the 20th August. That didn’t happen and I am still paying at the higher rate. Also, “My account” says that I still have a product change in progress. Could someone sort it out please?
9 REPLIES 9
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: Changed contract in August, still on old one

Hopefully a Plusnet staff member will get on to this. 

Stuck recontracts seem to be a "feature" of the Plusnet systems. I have and still have (eight months on) a similar issue which they are currently attempting to solve. Hope your is sorted more quickly.

rjheald
Hooked

The saga continues. No staff member got back to me so I phoned them on 23rd October. Eventually I got through and explained the situation. It was finally agreed that, as now they don't do fixed-price contracts, I could start a new one of 18 or 24 months at the price I was quoted, which would be held at the same price when increases occur (I have little confidence in this happening). I chose 24 months. This is due to start on 21st November. It was also agreed that I would receive back-payments from when I signed up originally in August. I received an email stating that I would receive a refund of £7.53, to appear in my account withing 5 working days - that hasn't happened. This refund was to cover the difference between what I've been paying for 3 months and what I should be paying. Today I received an email stating that I was due a credit of £2.51, to be deducted from my next bill.

Do these people know what they're doing? I am mystified by how things work in Plusnet's internal systems.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello there @rjheald, thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry to read you've had some trouble with the pricing of your agreement with us and I apologise for the inconvenience caused. I can see our Options team are manually adding on a credit each month to ensure your pricing remains as you agreed, you can find the ticket here. With regards to the refund I can see a service notice on the account here confirming they had processed - please ensure you're checking the bank account you hold a direct debit instruction with us  - if you've still not got it please get back in touch via this forum and we can go from there. 

Thanks. 

rjheald
Hooked

My apologies - yes we have had the refund. Sorry I hadn't noticed!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

No problem @rjheald, give us a nudge here if you need further assistance. 

Thanks.

rjheald
Hooked

As I expected my latest bill is wrong. I was promised a monthly charge of £21.99 to be unchanged throughout my 2 year contract. This month you're charging me £23.29.  Why?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Afternoon @rjheald

Thanks for getting back in touch, I'm sorry to see this issue has cropped up again - I've done a bit of digging and provided a more thorough response for you here. A copy of that ticket has been sent across to the email address registered with us just incase you have any trouble accessing your online account. 

Ta. 

rjheald
Hooked

Many thanks, Mads, for your quick response.  Hopefully it will be fine from now on!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Not a problem @rjheald

Happy holidays!