Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change to fixed price contract - BB no phone

FIXED
rs3100
Dabbler

Change to fixed price contract - BB no phone

Hi, I'm currently on Unlimited Fibre Broadband at £23.49 a month and recently received the email regarding the £2 per month price increase from 3rd December.

The email also says that I can avoid the increase by taking a new fixed price contract before that date, and looking at your current pricing suggests I could take a 12 or 18 month contract for Unlimited Fibre BB Extra for £22.49 a month.

If I go through member offers and upgrades though, I'm only offered BB plus phone at £39.98 per month. There is a button that says "Keep this product" against my current BB only product, but each time I click on it I get an error page.

So can I switch to the fixed price contract equivalent of my current product, or is the BB and phone package the only option?

8 REPLIES 8
Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

Re: Change to fixed price contract - BB no phone

@rs3100 

Have you read through this topic?  https://community.plus.net/t5/Plusnet-Feedback/Unjustified-price-increase/m-p/1685213#M85260

The £39.98 offer is a try on to try to catch out the gullible. If you want to transfer your phone then look up the best deal available on a price comparison website. Then ring Plusnet customer services and select the I’m thinking of leaving option. After they have made you another silly offer quote the competitors price and ask for it to be matched. You might be pleasantly surprised!

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

rs3100
Dabbler

@Baldrick1 I hadn't seen your link, thank you.

However, similar to the OP in that thread I don't want to transfer my phone. I just want to continue my BB only contract and switch to the fixed price offering that PlusNet intimate I can transfer to in their email, to avoid the price increase in December.

As you indicate though, it seems that the member area offer page is set to push customers towards the £39.98 offer and make it more difficult to select another option.

I'm aware that PlusNet have said that BB only packages won't be available to new customers from 3rd December, but as an existing customer and with BB only fixed term contracts currently available according to their main broadband landing page my preference is to continue with BB only on a fixed term to avoid the December increase, which the email I received suggests I can do.

Baldrick1
Fixes: 415

@rs3100 

That’s fine. I would ring Plusnet up and ask them to sign you up for your preferred deal.

Moderator and Customer
If this helped - select the Thumb
If it fixed it,  help others - select 'This Fixed My Problem'

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix

Thanks for getting in touch @rs3100 

I'm sorry to see you're having issues moving to a fixed price contract online.

To recontract on the same package without 'upgrading' your broadband package, you'd need to speak with our customer options team as the 'offers and upgrades' tab in your account online is just for upgrading and/or adding phone.

I'd recommend either calling customer options on 0800 013 2632 or chat with them online Here. They're closing soon at 6pm so it may be a bit busy to get through (I'm currently unable to check the actual call queue) but they'd be back open tomorrow from 8am while 8pm every week day. On Saturday's they're here from 9am to 7pm.

While I can't guarantee we'd be able to offer you the new customer deal, we'd certainly be able to recontract you without making any changes to your pricing as £23.49 is currently the 'out of contract' cost.

I hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rs3100
Dabbler

Thank you@Gandalf I'll give them a call tomorrow 👍

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @rs3100 I think I’ve figured out why you get an error when clicking on ‘keep your product’ while adding home phone on.

The package you’re on named ‘Plusnet Unlimited Fibre’ isn’t actually one of our current packages although it is the same as our fibre extra package in every way (Speeds, pricing etc).

I’m sure customer options can help though and if you’re open to the idea of moving your phone service to us, they’ll be able to offer you a better deal than the offer of £39.98 you’ve seen online for phone and broadband, because this is taking the base rate of fibre extra £20.99 and line rental £18.99 without any discounts.

Let us know how it goes. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
rs3100
Dabbler

Thanks again @Gandalf
You've given me more to think about now!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problem @rs3100 decisions to be made 😬

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet