cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change product and keep what I have

Kwak
Rising Star

Change product and keep what I have

I was hoping to send this to customer services but they seem to have removed the message centre and chat is offline. I really want this to come from a plusnet person, not someone guessing :) Basically: I'm interested in switching my old plusnet product to the unlimited plan so I'm not capped. Ideally it'll be pretty much the same service just not capped, that's ALL I'm looking for. Can anyone who knows for certain confirm the following please before I ask them? 1. I get to keep my static IP address 2. I get to keep my emails etc, and FTP webspace. I don't think they supply webspace to NEW customers but I'm sure it was said (maybe on old community) years ago that old customers get to keep their webspace? 3. I won't be charged any activation fee? Basically I'm scared this will switch over and I'll suddenly lose features and have things changed and become like a "new" customer, I can't see on their help any discussion on this.
6 REPLIES 6
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: Change product and keep what I have

I completely understand  that you would like an official response from Plusnet and I'm sure that one of the Help team will respond shortly.

In the meantime maybe my personal experience may help allay some of your fears. I have changed products at least twice, from a 10Mb capped ADSL to Unlimited ADSL and then to Fibre. Since then I have also recontracted on the same Fibre product.

Throughout all of that I have retained both my static IP and webspace. I also have a domain hosted which has also remained.

As to activation fee, a change from a capped plan to an Unlimited plan does not involve a change of basic product and so no activation is required as such. A change from ADSL to Fibre does involve activation and may have a fee associated.

As part of any product change, PN may want you to commit to a new contract period, especially if they are offering a discount on the standard price.

Hope that helps

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Kwak
Rising Star

Thanks, I've been a customer for years, they'd probably be happy to switch legacy customers I'd guess, I just don't want any unexpected "hiccups"!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Kwak,

Thanks for getting in touch.

We can indeed upgrade your services while keeping your static IP and web space. I would suggest checking our affiliates such as MSE, comparethemarket.com for a guide price and even mention these to our advisors as more often than not we can either match deals or get as close as possible to them. You can reach our Customer Options team on 0800 432 2632, they are open:

8am - 8pm Monday to Friday
9am - 7pm Saturday
9am - 6pm Sunday

Alternatively we can arrange a call back if that is more convenient for you. If you leave me a PM with your preferred number, rough time-frame and date we can get that sorted for you.

Thanks.

Kwak
Rising Star

Thanks, That's great. When you say "can" is this automatic, I just request new product via portal and I'm good, or do I need to specially request these things? I can't see any contact/message method now so I'm wondering if I'd need to phone or something.
AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi there,

I would advise to call our Customer Options Team as my colleague suggested above. They will be able to provide you with further details and give you more information on products/offers that we currently have.

Thank you,

Aisha

Kwak
Rising Star

OK for others interested in this question I phoned and they said it would be fine, so still good in 2019.