cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of account details

kolczyk255

Change of account details

Hi,
I would like to change my account details. And im writing this post simply because its easier for me to reach you guys by forum. 

Is it possible to change my name and surname to someone else? I want to change it to my partner name, is that okey?

3 REPLIES 3
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Re: Change of account details

If I remember correctly regulatory requirements prevent that unfortunately. Your partner would need to create a fresh account (and contract) and take over the line, cancelling your account.  You may be liable to early termination charges if you are still within the minimum term of your contract, that that is worth checking before you do anything.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @kolczyk255, thanks for getting in touch.

As mentioned above. we'd be unable to amend the named account holder.  If you were wanting to change it to your partners name, a new account would need to be created.

I do apologise for the inconvenience this causes.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
corringham
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 16

It depends on just what you want to achieve, but I expect you could give your partner permission to deal with the account on your behalf, and change the DD to their bank account - you would still be the account holder and be legally liable for it, but they could pay and manage it, at least until the end of the contract.