Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Name

FIXED
Anonymous
Not applicable

Change of Name

Hello, I've changed my name.  I'd be grateful if someone from PlusNet could help me change the details on my account please.  Many thanks.

7 REPLIES 7
willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 105

Re: Change of Name

Fix

@Anonymous I should be able to sort it, is it just a surname change or forename change?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, yea, sorry, somebody changed it over the phone. This isn't the most user-friendly format, and I thought I succeeded in deleting post earlier, before you replied to it.

They also changed the format of my address for some reason and now a section on Plusnet's website keeps asking me to confirm my address. The old address format is exactly the address format it is now asking me to confirm is where I live. Really don't understand why it needed to be changed, especially to a format Plusnet itself doesn't recognise as where I live, even though it's the location where Plusnet provides me with broadband and phone services. Any chance of reversing that amendment please?!

I was also looking to delete this community account, but can't find a way to do that either.

Anyway, before marking this post thread as resolved, I'm under the impression the username on the main Plusnet account cannot be changed once it's created at account setup. Can you quickly confirm that is in fact correct please, and, if it can be amended, how would one go about doing that please. Many thanks. Much appreciated.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 105

@Anonymous Thanks for getting back to me. I'm glad somebody sorted it out over the phone. I can confirm that you can only change the username by closing and re-opening the account which would mean loss of service, which obviously I wouldn't recommend.

Somebody else might be able to help with deletion of accounts like one of the mods as I'm not sure.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@Anonymous wrote:

I was also looking to delete this community account, but can't find a way to do that either.

@Anonymous 

Try posting in this thread;

https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Site-Feedback/Account-Deletion/m-p/1609634

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,605

@Anonymous wrote:

They also changed the format of my address for some reason and now a section on Plusnet's website keeps asking me to confirm my address. The old address format is exactly the address format it is now asking me to confirm is where I live. Really don't understand why it needed to be changed, especially to a format Plusnet itself doesn't recognise as where I live, even though it's the location where Plusnet provides me with broadband and phone services. Any chance of reversing that amendment please?!

I've updated our address database, which should resolve this. Let me know if there are any further issues. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
StephLove

Hi, I would also like to change my name on my account as I got married. Can you help?
ClaudiaG23
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 25

hi @StephLove can you reply to this ticket https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=238196371 please with your request and I can get organised for you.

Claudia Garner
 Plusnet Help Team