cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Account Name = Loss of Referrers discount

cheese62

Change of Account Name = Loss of Referrers discount

A while back I had to add a second account, due to personal reasons. Now the original account has been closed and I lose all of the referal discounts that I built up on that account.
I did question this and was told that it was impossible to move your referals to your new account.
Any chance that this could be changed.
Regards,
Neil.
27 REPLIES 27
netutgamer

Re: Change of Account Name = Loss of Referrers discount

also, with above question, does this include point 1 in the following article:
http://community.plus.net/blog/2007/06/07/webmail-deliverables-follow-up/#more-20
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: cheese62
I did question this and was told that it was impossible to move your referals to your new account.

Not true, and I'd be interested to see who advised you of this. If you have the usernames of the accounts in question then we can certainly look into it (must admit though, I'm not sure what can be done with referrals with regards to moving them once an account is cancelled)

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

sourceit
Grafter

I've asked this before as I too want rid of my username and to get a new one and if this meant losing broadband for a couple of weeks then so be it, but I'm not prepared to lose all of my referrals!!
I have been told on many occasions that I cannot change and I would lose my referrals.  Staff training required I think!!
Mark
Grafter

I will ensure that anyone changing username retains their referral tokens.
If you have lost referral values as a result of a username / account change then PM me with details and I'll take a look.
Vstar
Dabbler

Huh
Err... If I apply for a new 'free' username and then submit a support ticket to get my account transferred to the new user name (along with the DD to pay for it), and then submit another ticket to get my referrals transferred to the new username, I can see it will take a couple of weeks to sort out, BUT I wouldn't ACTUALLY lose the adsl connection while this is all going on would I?
V.
Liam
Grafter

Nope, the old account would remain active until the new account takes over.  So should be no downtime involved, just a change of username in your connection settings when the account switchover takes place.
Vstar
Dabbler

That's excellent news! Smiley
Can you also confirm that Referals can be transferred OK, and point me in the direction of the 'free' new user signup to start this process off...
Many thanks,
V.
Mand
Grafter

Hi,
We're working on the ticket process at the moment, which will give you all the information you will need before signing up the new free dialup account.
I'd recommend hanging fire until this is available.
James
Grafter

Hi,
Basically to move your service over to a new username is something that is not necessarily tricky, but extremely time consuming.  Firstly, you have to sign up for a free dialup account with uptodate payment details, then we have to activate all of the components that you had on your old account and then we need to look at manually adding all of the referrals.  It can be done but can take a VERY long time.
So we're looking at being able to automate this Smiley
Mark5
Dabbler

Quote from: Mark

Hi Guys
Thanks for creating this forum - much appreciated.
I would like to simply create a new, clean free dial-up account, transfer all my existing referrals across to that one and then use it in all my future referral sign-ups. My original account would remain untouched. I want to do this so that I can clearly differentiate between my account name for referrals and leave my personal one alone.
From what I can piece together in the various posts above, it sounds like:

• this is possible

• but we may have to wait until some automation is in place

Can you confirm that this is case and then an idea of the timeframe? Don't worry about being too specific, just an indication of whether it is likely to be weeks or months  Grin
Cheers - M5
Thanks again for setting this discussion forum
Vstar
Dabbler

Undecided In that case I'll hang on for a little bit...  but please hurry!
I'm downing in a sea of spam since the, err, little incident with the mailservers... Even my in-house spam filtering is having trouble... Just when I thought I'd finished training it...

xpcomputers
Grafter

Quote from: Mark5
Quote from: Mark

Hi Guys
Thanks for creating this forum - much appreciated.
I would like to simply create a new, clean free dial-up account, transfer all my existing referrals across to that one and then use it in all my future referral sign-ups. My original account would remain untouched. I want to do this so that I can clearly differentiate between my account name for referrals and leave my personal one alone.
From what I can piece together in the various posts above, it sounds like:

• this is possible

• but we may have to wait until some automation is in place

Can you confirm that this is case and then an idea of the timeframe? Don't worry about being too specific, just an indication of whether it is likely to be weeks or months  Grin
Cheers - M5
Thanks again for setting this discussion forum

I thought I'd read somewhere a while back that there is an option to have a "resellers account" set up for you, which is a referral only account, that isn't linked to a internet service. If you used this route instead, you wouldn't need to create a dial-up account for this (unless you wanted to do that for other reasons).
Mike
prichardson
Grafter

That is indeed the case.
The partner account, as it was known, can be found on the following link.
http://www.plus.net/partners/
Vstar
Dabbler

Any movement on the "change of account name" automation situation?  Smiley