Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change direct debit date

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: Change direct debit date

@Anoush wrote:

Hopefully our new billing engine won't take too much longer to be implemented.

Originally on the cards for 2009 / 10.   So shouldn't be long now.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

lpup1708

At least the gentleman I dealt with at Plusnet had the good grace to admit its antiquated.  Mobile phone companies such as EE also have to take into account service start date and I was still allowed to choose my direct debit date and the first bill was calculated to be slightly longer in length so that future bills would be correct.

For the record Gas, Electric, Water etc are all service providers who work with billing dates just like Plusnet.  Council tax and insurance are slightly different as they have a fixed start and end date for the year HOWEVER they still allow customers to choose dates and work with that.  

AND NONE of them operate a three working day notice period, they ALL give a reasonalble amount of time before collection.

richardhanney

I used to work for a company that does this (insurance company for the elderly) and it was because they used a system call ultra. A very very very old system. This black and white with no mouse interface.

A simple solution was to separate the billing and payment dates. I say simple, I mean less difficult than replacing the whole thing.

I agree with others, this issue has no place in 2016.

psytek79

This concerns me too im worried, i only get a little bit of money every two weeks the payment date is 19th and the money wont be in till the 24th a charge of £35 for the dd bounce from the bank - plus what i owe plusnet on the way ...... great.

Angry Cry

markmywords

@Anoush wrote:

Hello there. I'm sorry that we can't change your bill date. It's set at when the first of your services goes live. I appreciate that sometimes it's not ideal especially if it falls in the middle of the month.

As the broadband service is linked to the bill date, by changing this it will cause complications with our radius server. Therefore, our system is currently setup in a way that makes it not possible to change it.

Hopefully our new billing engine won't take too much longer to be implemented.

Please be aware, the bill date and the direct debit due date are different.  The bill date is the day the invoice is generated, set by the activation of your service.  The direct debit date is 3-5 working days after invoice (advance notice period)

The question was relating to the direct debit date.

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

We are not able to change the direct debit date either unfortunately. Payments are taken between 5-7 working days from the invoice date depending on the processing time of the bank or building society.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
markmywords

The whole debate was about changing the direct debit date, you need to focus.

ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

@Anoush wrote:

Payments are taken between 5-7 working days from the invoice date depending on the processing time of the bank or building society.

It can be as little as 3 working days , according to some of the billing emails i have had.

My billing date is the 28th of each month.

Last month my email said "This will leave your account on or after 01/07/2016. " 

@Anoush wrote:

We are not able to change the direct debit date either unfortunately. Payments are taken between 5-7 working days from the invoice date depending on the processing time of the bank or building society.

Hopefully if PN ever bother to release their " fit for purpose" billing system, changing direct debit should not be an issue. 

PN when is this happening if ever. First it was summer 2014 then summer 2015 , then ......... ?

Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

@ITWorks wrote:
It can be as little as 3 working days , according to some of the billing emails i have had.

My billing date is the 28th of each month.

Last month my email said "This will leave your account on or after 01/07/2016. "  

I believe that the 5-7 working day processing time frame includes the 3 working day advance notice period as per the direct debit guarantee.

This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
markmywords

I believe that plusnet increasing their line rental and other charges because they have invested in the business is kinda poor, i was told by a member of staff that the increases in price was due to bt wholesale prices going up.

And still, no facility to change direct debit date, what is plusnet doing?

If I knew then what i know now....

Funk
Grafter

Fair to assume this is still not doable?

I'd like my payment to leave earlier in the month - are plusnet's systems not capable of handling this yet?
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@Funk

No nothing has changed with Plusnet's systems. It had been promised for nearly half a decade so I wouldn't expect it anytime soon.

You still cannot change your direct debit date.

To be brutally honest, as Plusnet have put up their phone prices now might be the time to move to a modern supplier without paying any early exit fees. 

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Funk
Grafter

It's a minor annoyance but at the moment I can live with it. I only moved to plusnet recently (having had the [-Censored-] taken by BT for too long). I'll see out the contract and review when it comes round.

Cheers.
TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Hi Funk as my colleague Harry B advised, if the facility becomes available then we will you and a lot our customers know.