cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change account password?

FIXED
Ragtag

Change account password?

Most online accounts allow you to change the password but I can't see where to do that within the "edit account details" screen.  It also says, as a, prompt that this is the password created when I opened the account.  Surely there must be a way to change the password?

A pointer in the right direction would be appreciated by this newbie.

Many thanks.

21 REPLIES 21
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Change account password?

Fix
Hi there.
This link will take you to the change password tool: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=change_password

Hope this helps.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

You can also get there by clicking on "Change Password" at https://www.plus.net/my.html?action=mydetails (Accounts Details page)

Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
Ragtag

Yes that worked - thank you Anoush.

Is it possibe to change the username as well?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems.
Unfortunately not, that’s set from when your account was first created.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ragtag

That's a great shame as we had to dream up something unique for a user name on the spur of the moment when we placed an order by phone.  Had we been able to do it online we would have had plenty of time to come up with a more sensible one.

Perhaps that is a facility your system designers could include in a futue build.  I am sure some method of using an alias in the user interface would allow you to maintain the original username unchanged in the background as customer ID.  Is there a better forum to suggest this in?

Thanks for replying though!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries. We’re always looking for ideas to improve our systems, so I’ll be happy to pass the feedback on, though can’t make any guarantees. Thanks for the suggestion.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
msach
Hooked

I have had the same issue, but I have found that the password change dialogue referred to in this thread simply does not work. I enter my old and new passwords and the screen reverts to the same content i.e. fields to enter the password. My password is not changed. There are no error messages whatsoever.

This is pretty poor for Plusnet, firstly it should be easy to change a password in these days of so much hacking . Secondly, there's currently a 35 minute wait for telephone support and online chat is disabled, and there is no method of raising a ticket online any more. The only way to contact Plusnet wihout spending an absurd amount of time waiting, is to write a letter and send it by post!

Kabull

I also have exactly the same issue as you with the password change dialogue appearing not to do anything, online chat always seems to be disabled and the average phone support wait is 40 minutes. It's really poor!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi @msach & @Kabull, I am sorry you are having trouble getting your password reset and experiencing long wait times on the phone and live chat. You can always reset your password at www.plus.net/forgotpassword - I would always suggest clearing your cache and cookies first. If this doesn't work we would need to manually reset this for you, this can be done over live chat or customer support on 0800 432 0200.

ukspid

Ditto.

msach
Hooked

This did not solve the problem. The problem is not that I don't know how to change my password. The problem is that your systems do not work.

I have tried two methods:

1. The suggested link, as if I had forgotten my password www.plus.net/forgotpassword (even though I have most definitely not forgotten it and have logged in with it repeatedly). The captcha puzzle on this link does not work, and rejects the numbers entered even though they are CERTAINLY correct (tested 3 or 4 times)

2. The password change dialogue at portal.plus.net/my.html  This simply does nothing. I enter the correct information, click "change password" and the fields are cleared, nothing happens and the password is not changed. There is no error message.

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @msach

I am sorry to hear you are still having issues with your password and our website.

Can you please attach some screenshots of the issues you are having, so we can further look into this matter for you.

Kind regards.

msach
Hooked

Here are the screenshot. No error messages are displayed at any stage. The old password remains valid if I test this by logging out and back in. 

ididntdoit
Hooked

I too have this problem, password will not change no matter how many times I try. The problem is certainly not fixed as the thread title indicates.

Symptoms are exactly as described by msach.

Like others I am a new customer and signed up by phone where making a choice of passwords quickly is not easy, I was told I could change it later but this  is not the case, the password change mechanism does not work at all.