Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change account name

FIXED
hubris
Dabbler

Change account name

Is it possible to change the accountid for plusnet?  I was not aware/informed that it showed up as the hostname (e.g. accountid.plus.com) for an nslookup, and I'd prefer it to be something different now that I know it does.

3 REPLIES 3
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: Change account name

Fix

Hi there.

I've changed this for you but it can take up to 24 hours for the changes to populate

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
hubris
Dabbler

Thanks.

I also found the note about the rDNS after a bit of looking.  Probably my fault for not reading completely through the fine print.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

@hubris wrote:

Is it possible to change the accountid for plusnet?  I was not aware/informed that it showed up as the hostname (e.g. accountid.plus.com) for an nslookup, and I'd prefer it to be something different now that I know it does.

For clarity to anyone else reading this topic - the ACCOUNT NAME cannot be changed, but the rDNS can be changed (to not refer to the inferred domain name of accountname.plus.com) if you have a fixed IP address, which is what @MatthewWheeler has done.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.