Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Security Password

FIXED
mikeshaw
Grafter

Change Security Password

Hi guys. This is a simple enough question, but search as I may in the Plusnet website or on the forum, I cannot find the answer.

I want to change my security password. Not the one associated with my account login username and password, but the one that Plusnet always asks me when they ring me. They want two digits from it and although I think I know it, the letters I give them are always wrong. Every time they ring me I am unable to answer the security digits correctly.

I have looked in Member Centre, Manage Account and can see my contact details but can't see anything to display or change the security password. 

Where do I reset it please?

5 REPLIES 5
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: Change Security Password

Hi @mikeshaw

I was under the impression that they ask for two digits from your login password. At least, that is what I give without issue.

Hopefully someone will confirm.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

mikeshaw
Grafter

I think Plusnet ask for two digits from my "security word" which is different to my login credentials (username/password).

I also have a security question/answer as a backup, but I can't see how to display or change that either.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Fix
Hi there.
The characters from the password we’d ask for over the phone would be the same as the one you use to login to your member centre which is also the same as your broadband password to connect to the internet. This can be reset here: https://www.plus.net/forgotpassword/
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
mikeshaw
Grafter

Hi Gandalf. Thanks for the info. That probably explains why I keep getting it wrong.

I know the password I log in with so I don't need to change it.

I'll see what happens next time they ring me, but I will assume this answer sorted out my problem.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problem.

Let us know how it goes or if you need any further assistance.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet