cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Product pricing. Does that include line rental?

markkernohan
Hooked

Change Product pricing. Does that include line rental?

Can someone please look at this screen and explain the maths to me?  at the bottom my current package is £22.49 but at the top right my current package is 14.99 + 18.99 line rental. My actual payments are 33.98 minus a small discount so are obviously based on this.

I want to know does the unlimited fibre extra (here at £27.49) include line rental?  Because if it does, I can just click here and save myself a fiver per month and get a faster service at the same time?  I want to ask the question because on the home screen all the deals "now include line rental" but this screen doesn't say one way or the other.

13 REPLIES 13
Manny7860
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 2

Re: Change Product pricing. Does that include line rental?

Not 100% sure but the fibre extra normally is a fiver extra. It should all be included. You are upgrading so it should be all included.
Excellent!
markkernohan
Hooked

I knew the extra should be a fiver more, but im paying a fiver more than this quote currently for the 38mb.  I dont know where its getting the £22.49 'current package' from because that doesn't add up either.  I'm afraid to click it and then later find out its £27.49 + 18.99 line rental... 

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

I can't definitively say if it does or not, but I don't think so.  Your best bet would be to phone the Customer Option Team (Cancellations) and see what they can do for you.

What is it you are wanting to change to Extra for?  Your estimated download speed on there is 35Mb - 51Mb, so you may get a small increase, but it isn't going to be massive.  Your upload speed is unlikely to increase as the top end of your estimated upload speed is only that of the Unlimited Fibre.  If you aren't hitting the maximum speed of Unlimited Fibre then you won't see any increase by changing to Unlimited Fibre Extra.

If you're seeing less than the bottom end of those estimates on Unlimited Fibre, then it may be worth looking at your setup, as you may have something there slowing it down, or you may have a line fault.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

markkernohan
Hooked

I don't have a problem with speeds, even if they didnt increase at all (they would because I do get max 9.5up and 38down when I test it)... I have issue with the price.  The faster fibre looks like its a fiver cheaper, so why would I not 'upgrade' to the cheaper one?

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

I took a little while doing that last post, so your replys where while I was doing that one.  Looking at the top right it looks like you are currently paying £14.99 for broadband and £18.99 for line rental, so £33.98 in total?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

markkernohan
Hooked

yes... here it is

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

I suspect (based on a little looking around), that the price you have there on the product change is without line rental (ie another £18.99 to go on top).  Looking at the new customer price the special offer for it with line rental is £31.99.  What you'll get with the product change tool is the basic price. Since that is lower than the "special offer" price, that is why I think it is excluding line rental.

Did you phone up and go through COT to get that price?  I'm guessing so since you're only 2 months into a 2 year contract.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Welcome to the community forums @markkernohan

I'm sorry to see the pricing you're getting on your product change page.

I've had a look into this and I can see your address is served by a Market 1 exchange, so the broadband costs are basically £7.50 more than those on Market 2/3 exchanges.

Which brings me to why you're paying Market 2/3 prices at the moment. It looks like we put the product change through just before the details on your account where changed from your previous address to your new address.

I too would recommend calling our Customer Options Team instead for a new deal (Unless you've received an offer by e-mail). However, it's worth noting we'll only be able to provide a new deal when you're in the final 3 months of your contract.

I hope this helps clarify things.

EDIT: In addition, the new customer deals you see where the offers include line rental.

This is basically just how it's displayed. For example, a breakdown of the total cost of Unlimited Fibre at www.plus.net would be £18.99 line rental + £5 broadband = £23.99. If you're in a market 1 area, you'd add £7.50.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
markkernohan
Hooked

OK.. So If I did click the 'upgrade' button it would actually cost £27.49+£7.50 = £34.99 for the fibre extra.  That's £2.51 more than I currently pay for the lower speed one.

It does specifically say I "would remain on my current 24 month contract" so suggesting I can do it anytime?

I don't think calling customer services will do me any favours, that is how I have ended up on this expensive and lengthy contract.  You are indeed correct that I was held captive by previous contract when I moved house.

pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser

No, It would be £14.99 (standard price) + £7.50 (Market A) which is where the £22.49 comes from, then plus £18.99 for the line rental coming to a total of £41.48

Edit:  That would be for Unlimited Fibre

markkernohan
Hooked

She just said those prices include line rental.

edit: sorry, presumed it's a lady, might not be. sorry.

double edit:  the product change screen does NOT include line rental, but NEW DEALS do?  Is that whats happening?

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

It’s just how it’s displayed. We display the total cost on the front page of www.plus.net for new customers, but it’s broken down when you go to the product change tool.

Both new customers and existing customers pay £18.99 line rental. It’s just that the broadband is discounted for new customers and not on the product change tool (Unless you’ve received an offer by e-mail) or contact customer options.
From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

In addition, putting the product change through online would remove all billing discounts you’ve currently got (Again unless you’ve received an offer by e-mail).

You’re also currently paying low cost Market 2/3 prices when in a high cost Market 1 area. As your account details are updated since you recontracted/moved house, this explains why the product change tool is now adding £7.50 on top of a new broadband package via the product change tool.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet