Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Name of Account Holder

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Change Name of Account Holder

Good Morning,

I manage my Father's PlusNet account for him and it's approching his renewal date.  My Mother has a Lasting Power of Atourney (LPA) for him, and he's reached the point he can no longer manage his account.  What we would really like to do is to change the account over entirely to my Mum's name and keep me as an authorised person.

Is this possible and if so how do we go about it?

Kind Regards,

CJT
20 REPLIES 20
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: Change Name of Account Holder

Hiya @CJT-80, thanks for getting in touch on the forums.

I'm really sorry to hear about your Father.

If your Mother has LPA and this is already logged on the account, then essentially your Mother acts as the account holder and can make all changes an account holder would. With a LPA added, the named account holder isn't actually able to manage the account (though can be added as an authorised user).  If you need to change the Billing details into the LPA's name, this can also be done Smiley

If you are definitely still looking to have an account directly in her name though, it would need a new account creating. As part of this, orders would be placed to transfer the services into your Mother's name and this process would close down the current account (to avoid any termination costs it would be best to ensure the transfer happens when the contract has expired). 

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if you have any further queries.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

Good Morning @LaurenB ,

Thank you for getting back to me.

If we decide to go down the route of creating a brand new account and transferring services how long would that take?

Also would Mum be considered a new customer?

Thanks again.

Kind Regards,

CJT
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Good Morning Smiley 

It would be classed as a working line takeover, which carries a 10 working day lead time. The existing account would remain active until the date the new account takes over (with maybe a little downtime as would also need to either swap over to new router or if keeping the existing one, would need to manually update the details so it connects against the new account).

Your Mum would be considered a new customer yes, as creating a new account with us. 

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further queries Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@LaurenB 

Once again thank you for your amazing reply.

That's fantastic.

Armed with this info I can have a chat with Mum and we can make an informed decision.

Checking Dad's account as far as I can see the existing contract does not come up for renewal until June, which would make sense. 

If anything else comes up I will give you/the team a shout.

Thanks again! 😀 

Kind Regards,

CJT
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK great and no worries! 

Just get back to us if you need any further help at all and hope you all have a good Bank Holiday weekend Smiley

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

Is there email on your father's account?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@Townman 

No we don't have a PN e-mail address on his account.  Everything goes to my Mum's Hotmail account.

Kind Regards,

CJT
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 156

That is one less thing to consider then.

Just to be clear though - I was not thinking about the service notification email address on the account, but if your father (or other family member) ever used (still uses) the account's @Username.plus.com email service?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@Townman 

No I specifically didn't set him or anyone else up with a PN e-mail account.  We once had one with BT and he moved to someone else it was a nightmare telling everyone his new e-mail account, so after that we suck with Hotmail.

Not that he uses it these days.

Kind Regards,

CJT
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@LaurenB 

Good Evening Lauren,

We have decided to go ahead and close Dad's account and set up a new one for Mum.

I have the distinct feeling the existing Minimum Term ends in a few days, (just need to check on his account). 

What would we need to do to get started?

Kind Regards,

CJT
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

Lauren's out of the office today, but if you can PM me your Mum's phone number I can arrange for someone to call her back. When would also be the best time-frame for a call? Our sales people are open 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday, 9am to 7pm Saturday's and 9am to 6pm Sunday's. Though I can't promise a call over the bank holiday.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@Gandalf 

Thanks for getting back to me.

I will PM you now.

Kind Regards,

CJT
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Cheers @CJT-80, I've messaged you back now. Smiley

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
CJT-80
Aspiring Pro

@Gandalf 

Thank you, I have replied back.

😀

Kind Regards,

CJT