Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Broadband to another line

IvorG
Dabbler

Change Broadband to another line

Hi
I have two lines at home. The one I currently use for Broadband is very poor. Speed variations, dropouts etc. It's always been bad with Madasafish and now yourselves. TBH I don't think it's an ISP problem as all attempts to fix it in the past have failed including BT visits and numerous attempts at tweaking the service. (This was all with Madasafish - haven't even raised it at PlusNet).
That's not the main point. The other line here not broadband enabled according to the BT speed test should give me 5.5 speed (as opposed to the 0.9 on a bad day to 1.4 on a good day) that I currently get.
I am on Plusnet Value currently paying £5.99 p.m. which is very reasonable and suits my requirements.
If I wanted to, how easy is it to swap my broadband service to the other line and what are the costs involved?
It's also conceivable but not definite that I might be moving some time this year. Thought I'd mention it in case there are other financial implications.
Thanks
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: Change Broadband to another line

That you might move complicates things. Moving broadband from one line to another is treated exactly the same as a home move, you can either pay up front or commit to stay for a year and get it free. However if you move the broadband a second time within a year you would definitely have to pay the £65.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
IvorG
Dabbler

Thanks for the info.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

IvorG,
There can be costs involved if you have a phone service with us in order to install a new line at your property, however it looks like that doesn't apply to you.
Let me know when you decide to go ahead with this and I'll keep an eye on things for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team