Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cessation charge ?

St3
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 5

Cessation charge ?

My account has activated this evening for the first time, i signed up to ( No annual contract ) and i paid £25 for this. But i have noticed in my account that ( Cessation charge ) is Activated.
I dont understand it, can someone please explain why its activated, because to me it looks like its saying im tied up to an annual contract, or maybe im getting it wrong.
Can someone please explain it to me.
Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
prichardson
Grafter

Re: Cessation charge ?

Hi Ukste,
Hopefully the link below should explain all for you.
http://www.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml
St3
Aspiring Champion

ahh i understand sorry for my noobie question and thanks for the info!
nich0las

i also  signed up to ( No annual contract ) and i paid £25 connection in 28/08/2010 .now i am looking in to canceling my broadband connection only to find i have to pay another £25 for the privalage am i reading this riite? if so i find this ridiculous and would urge any1 to consider this b4 signing as when you have paid £50 in connection and cancelation fees its not so good of a deal as i thought it were .and cannot remember seeing any of this ceasing fees when i signed up..  maybe i didnt read rite and that would be my fault but i will be telling all freinds family and any1 else to be aware of these ridiculous fees
Pettitto
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi nich0las,
I'll try my best to explain how the cessation fee works.
If you were to leave Plusnet and move to another provider with a MAC Code, the cessation fee would not apply to you.
If you were to leave Plusnet and not continue broadband with another provider, essentially cancelling broadband altogether, the charge of £25 would apply.
The £25 cessation charge is a charge for completely removing the service from your line.
I hope this clears things up for you Smiley
itsme
Grafter

and it's an Openreach charge which Plusnet is passing on.
St3
Aspiring Champion

Quote from: Chris
Hi nich0las,
I'll try my best to explain how the cessation fee works.
If you were to leave Plusnet and move to another provider with a MAC Code, the cessation fee would not apply to you.
If you were to leave Plusnet and not continue broadband with another provider, essentially cancelling broadband altogether, the charge of £25 would apply.
The £25 cessation charge is a charge for completely removing the service from your line.
I hope this clears things up for you Smiley

i understand it, i think sometimes we jump in too qucikly without reading small print 😜