Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cessation charge for migration?

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Cessation charge for migration?

Basically what I am saying, is that the order type used by the gaining provider in this case, caused the cease code to make the cease fee applicable.
In regards to avoiding this charge when changing supplier, I can appreciate it is out of your control if the new provider places a different order type that causes the fee to be applicable, however on recognised migration methods the fee isn't applied, as proved by other people in this same thread.
I'm not sure who's advised you that the wholesale cost for a cease is £5.31. This simply isn't correct. I've done some digging around on google and have found a document that does mention a lower price, however this is outdated (I think it was dated around 2007). I did manage to find a wholesale price guide and this shows that the current charge from BT Wholesale is actually slightly higher than the £30 we charge.
It's also simply not true that we 'insist' on cancelling the broadband when a new provider is taking over.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
wayo231
Dabbler

Quote from: HarryB
Basically what I am saying, is that the order type used by the gaining provider in this case, caused the cease code to make the cease fee applicable.
In regards to avoiding this charge when changing supplier, I can appreciate it is out of your control if the new provider places a different order type that causes the fee to be applicable, however on recognised migration methods the fee isn't applied, as proved by other people in this same thread.
I'm not sure who's advised you that the wholesale cost for a cease is £5.31. This simply isn't correct. I've done some digging around on google and have found a document that does mention a lower price, however this is outdated (I think it was dated around 2007). I did manage to find a wholesale price guide and this shows that the current charge from BT Wholesale is actually slightly higher than the £30 we charge.
It's also simply not true that we 'insist' on cancelling the broadband when a new provider is taking over.

When I obtained my MAC code, I received an email by return from support stating "close account asap, collect cessation fee". I called up and told them a cancellation had not been requested and I wanted the service migrated using the MAC key, as we had discussed on the phone. No ASAP cancellation of service was ever discussed, nor were cessation charges that would have applied.
I put it to you - this why I have been charged. The question is #105772700.
The MAC code was never used because MAC codes had actually have no longer been used since late June, though it still took 30min on hold to get one and another 30min on hold to tell someone it was outrageous they were trying to terminate my service when I had no asked for this. If the ASAP cessation had gone ahead at the time, I would have been charged as there would have been no migration. Your company did not say this in my leaving letter.
Otherwise please state the order types available and which should be used by the new supplier to prove they are at fault.
wayo231
Dabbler

Quote from: HarryB

I shan't post the spreadsheet as an attachment as it is vast, but from 01/07/2014 to 31/08/2015 the BT Wholesale cease fee is £5.37. From 01/09/2015 it is increasing to £31.12. If you follow the link, there is an effective date and separate sheets for the previous price points.
http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2015/08/bt-wholesale-preps-huge-hike-in-uk-fibre-broadband-isp-...