Did you mean: 

Cessation charge - When is it applied?

machare
Grafter

Cessation charge - When is it applied?

On
http://www.plus.net/info2/legal/price_guide.html#broadband_family
after "Cessation charges don't apply if:"  There are two buttet points:
1)   You use a MAC key to switch to another provider (this is called a migration)
2)   you're a Plusnet Essentials or Plusnet Unlimited customer without a contract

Are these alternatives? or do both conditions have to be met to avoid the cessation charge?

4 REPLIES 4
davidj66
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: Cessation charge - When is it applied?

Its either/or
machare
Grafter

Please would summon from Plusnet confirm that  "Cessation charges don't apply if:"  you're a Plusnet Essentials or Plusnet Unlimited customer without a contract and
you DON'T  use a MAC key to switch to another provider.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 168

That's correct but only if you were not on a contract that's now lapsed (the easiest way to see this is if you're paying the extra £2.50 per month then you're on a no-contract product). Otherwise it's applicable.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
machare
Grafter

Thanks,  I expect to wish to terminate after my current contract has expired. If I offer to pay the £2.50 p/m more (i.e. request to move to a non contract product) could I then cease without having to pay the cease charge?