Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ceasing phone and broadband due to VOIP port

FIXED
brookheather
Rising Star

Ceasing phone and broadband due to VOIP port

As I now have FTTP I wish to cease my Plusnet phone and broadband service.  I have initiated a port of my phone number to a VOIP provider and have received an email confirming the phone service will cease but not that the broadband service will also cease.  I am expecting the broadband to be terminated as well as there will be no copper line active.  Please confirm you will be ceasing all service on Wednesday 10th?

BT FTTP 500 + pfSense + Uniquiti Unifi 6 Pro
4 REPLIES 4
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

Re: Ceasing phone and broadband due to VOIP port

I would have thought that you DIDN'T want your broadband to cease. Have you migrated your your FTTC service with PN to FTTP or have you retained the FTTC service as well ?

Unless you've retained an FTTC service, then you don't want the broadband ceased

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

brookheather
Rising Star

I already have FTTP live with another ISP - I want to terminate my FTTC as no longer required - don't have any need for the copper line anymore.

BT FTTP 500 + pfSense + Uniquiti Unifi 6 Pro
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Fix

Hi @brookheather, thanks for getting in touch.

I can confirm both phone and broadband will be migrating away to another provider.

Let us know if you need anything else

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

I already have FTTP live with another ISP

Ah! I understand now.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.