cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cease on landline and broadband

Gac03
Dabbler

Cease on landline and broadband

Help. No landline or broadband yesterday. Cobtacted Plusnet who told me there was a system cease order on my landline and broadband which could not be cancelled. I'm now left not knowing when they will be able to re-provide services. Has this happened to others. They say they are aware of the problem and are looking into it. Any ideas how long before this might be resolved. Tks
18 REPLIES 18
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Cease on landline and broadband

I'm really sorry to see this. 

I've just placed an order to re-start your line and have added further detail to your account with regards to getting the broadband service reconnected to:

https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=188985489

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gac03
Dabbler

Landline seems to be working this afternoon👍. Still no news about how long the delay will be to reconnect broadband 👎
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, I've added an update to the ticket to state that the broadband order is in place and I've requested an expedite. I'm expecting an email to come through soon to confirm the due date so I'll be able to let you know when that is by the end of the day tomorrow at the latest. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi there, I'm glad to advise that the broadband service is due to be reactivated today. I've updated the ticket with more information and will follow things up with you as soon as I see that's gone through. 

Do let me know if there's anything I can do to help in the meantime though.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gac03
Dabbler

Thanks for the update. Can you advise when landline number will revert to original or have I been allocated a completely different number on a permanent basis. - obviously not what I am expecting.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, I'm sorry that wasn't covered when addressing this initially. The number has changed temporarily to allow us to expedite the re-connection, I've placed an order to change the number back for you on Monday. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gac03
Dabbler

Thanks for additional information. Hoping for broadband reconnection today as promised.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem, it's definitely due to be activated today. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

I've received confirmation that the expedite has completed so you should be able to reconnect within a few minutes time.

Please let me know if not. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gac03
Dabbler

Hi Adam

Broadband seems to be up and running so thanks for your help in sorting out this problem.  I hope Plusnet will look at its systems to ensure this doesn't happen again.  Since joining Plusnet in October 2018 I've had problems with incorrect billing which I was told were due to a systems fault.  All these "systems faults" don't really inspire me with confidence for the future.  

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Thanks, that's no problem. 

I completely appreciate your point of view and it's really unfortunate that you've been affected by other issues prior to this happening. 

I'll follow things up with you on Monday once I've made sure that the renumber has completed if that's OK. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Leadwelly
Hooked

A cease on broadband and landline happened to me on 11th March. Unfortunately, and unlike yourself, I was away for some 16 days at the time. Hence I was unable to jump on PlusNet immediately it happened and push for a rapid service restoration. On returning home, and after a long and tedious overnight flight, I spent hours on my mobile trying to resolve issues. And the landline number associated with the house went into quarantine for a two week period, with the risk that it would be allocated to a new customer. Plus I was given contradictory tales about the impossibility of make a number re-assignment in parallel with establishing the broadband service.

Billing is appalling - I still do not have a clear unequivocal view of my on-going costs. And the excessive and abnormal data charges I had to cover on my mobile. Guess what, it's Plusnet Mobile but a different business unit so one doesn't/can't/won't talk to the other!

14 years a Plusnet customer. I have to ask why.

Sorry for the rant and I hope that your service is back to normal.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Sorry to see that Leadwelly, depending on the cause of the cease it can mean that the number is ported away from our suppliers meaning that we have to follow the process that takes 14 days as per OFCOM stipulations. 

it looks like this has been resolved for you but please let me know if there's anything we still need to help you with. 

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Gac03
Dabbler

Good morning Adam. Just to let you know landline now back to original number so everything appears to be working. Thank you for your help in what was a very stressful situation with no landline and no broadband. I'm keeping my fingers crossed it won't happen again but unfortunately the seeds of doubt about Plusnet will probably remain. Regards