Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cease on Phone line after upgrade

FIXED
garyten13
Hooked

Cease on Phone line after upgrade

I recently upgraded my broadband only line from the old value tarrif to the unlimited tarrif, on the 3rd of November.

My phone line with the Post office is now showing a "cease order in progress" or "not on WTR".

Is it possible that Plusnet has put a cease on the Phone line or tried to move my line to Plusnet by mistake.

This only cane to light as i am in the process of looking for a new phone line provider, and began putting my number into the online checkers, that was all working fine 2 weeks ago, (before the 3rd nov) and now im either on Cease or LLU.

I spoke to the post office, but they didnt know anything, or at least the one i got didnt.

Thanks for your help

8 REPLIES 8
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Re: Cease on Phone line after upgrade

Hi there,

This is somewhat irrelevant to the Post Office, but we have placed an order to migrate you over to our new network. This is due to complete on the 24th. Let me assure you that this should have no impact on your phone line.

I've doubled checked to see if there's any pending ceases on the phone side of things, and everything seems ok.

Hopefully this clarifies things.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
garyten13
Hooked

Thanks Matty, the cease order must be getting "seen" by the other telecom companies as a full cease on the line.

I will try the Post Office again, and if that fails i will have to wait until after the 24th.

My problem is a time issue, as i pay yearly, and it expires on the 11th of December, so i need to get it "transfered" before or on that date.

Many thanks for your help.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can cancel the migration to the new network if that'll make things easier? Let me know if so, and it'll be done by the next working day.

garyten13
Hooked

Yes i would like you to do that, it would at least let me resolve ny phone line transfer, and i assume then that plusnet will re apply for another date in the future.

Thanks.

MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Fix

That's in the process of cancelling for you. Are you ok to check back with your new provider in the next 24 hours?

Matty

garyten13
Hooked

i hopefully will know by thursday, thank for all the help, and i will post back here to confirm the issue is resolved.

Many thanks again.

garyten13
Hooked

Issue now sorted today, Thursday, the cease on the line is now removed, and im free to migrate my phone line.

A big thanks to Matty.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): I have changed the fix to Matty C as per messages 4 & 6.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still