cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cease Fee of £30.00 transfering to BT

pdc95
Dabbler

Cease Fee of £30.00 transfering to BT

On the 10th of July I received an email from plusnet advising me that "Another service provider has notified us that you're moving your phone line and call plan to them".
No mention was made of me needing to request a MAC.
My line and broadband was transfered to BT on 1st of August.
Plusnet now advise me that I must pay a cease fee of £30.00 because Openreach charge them this.
Openreach denied this and advise me that the transfer was carried out correctly.
Please advise how I can resolve this without going to the Regulator.
Peter Crowe
5 REPLIES 5
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Cease Fee of £30.00 transfering to BT

Hi pdc95,
I'll chase this up with our billing team and get back to you later today. Sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
EDIT: I've closed those tickets on your account regarding this and further information can be found on those tickets. Apologies for any confusion.
pdc95
Dabbler

Many thanks.
You should ensure that your staff understand this so that you do not repeat this
Pete Crowe
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Does this, I assume, incorrect charge of cease fee have any bearing on what some people think is incorrect charging of cease fees when moving to LLU ?
http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,131019.0.html

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I'm sure there was a thread a couple of months ago (but can't find it now) about BTR starting to trial/use a new BTW migration system that doesn't need a MAC and this also resulted in an erroneous cease fee when a user went from PN>BT...
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

There was...

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.