Did you mean: 

Caught out by Massive jump in Fibre costs per month

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Caught out by Massive jump in Fibre costs per month

@ceedy wrote:

If  mother company BT can beat  my current  PN renwall by a small amount ..  then its all just  playing with numbers innit!

As I mentioned previously BT are likely cheaper for high cost areas as they are more expensive for low cost areas.

@HarryB wrote:
I believe BT Retail/Consumer just charge one price as opposed to charging the higher cost market area a higher price.

However having said this, last time I checked the lower cost market area price with us was cheaper. Which unfortunately isn't much use to you in the higher cost market area Undecided

Again, we'll be sorry to see you go, however I appreciate why, with the price differences between us and other providers for the high cost market areas.

Whichever provider you decide to go with, I do wish you all the best moving forward.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
beeceegee
Pro
Fixes: 4

@Anoush wrote:
A high cost area is where BTWholesale is the sole supplier of the equipment in an exchange.

Doesn't always work - our exchange (EAMAD) has had Sky & TalkTalk LLU for years yet is still classed as Market 1. Even stranger is that the fibre service for much of the area covered by EAMAD is actually fttp provided from another exchange EACRH which is Market 3

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

It can sometimes take Ofcom a while to update the market area information.

At one point we updated our details to show the Ofcom market area and the Plusnet market area, making sure that if things had changed and the area should have been low cost, but Ofcom hadn't updated this yet, we still had it listed as low cost.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ceedy
Grafter

Just looking for the nearest woods   and getting  my Spoon whitler  sharpened up !! Ticked_off  Wink

ceedy
Grafter

Well utterly  painless  move to Talktalk tonight ,  we will see whats going on in 18 months time pricewise ..

its been  Good .. but .!! Wink

take care all

over and out ..

Chris

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

All the best @ceedy

Hope to see you return in future.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet