cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback?

AdamW

Cashback?

Good afternoon everyone, I hope you are having a good day.

When I took out a new contract I was pretty sure there was a cash back offer involved. I (perhaps wrong) assumed it was with Topcashback, so when it didn't appear I raised a request with them and it took several weeks for them to contact PlusNet and then tell me that I hadn't clicked through via TCB. Is there any way to find out what offer I used as I am sure it was factored into my decision.

With thanks in advance

A

1 REPLY 1
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Cashback?

Hi there.

I've checked the offer code your account was created on and I'm afraid that it wasn't a cashback offer at all. The account appeared to have been created directly through our site online at www.plus.net
If you're confident you clicked through an affiliate like TopCashback, the account didn't track this way so it's likely due to cookie attribution. This may have happened if the last cookie on the device you're using isn't TopCashback's before you clicked through, which can be influenced by your browsing habits. For example if you have several tabs or windows open at the same time on the device you're using, or if you don't clear cookies from your browser before starting the signup process.

Ad-blockers can also block cookies from being stored on the device you're wanting to make a purchase from.

All I can really suggest is to raise this back to TopCashback but as there's no account over here on the affiliate system we use it's unlikely we'll be able to validate something which isn't there.

I hope this helps. Let us know if you have any further queries.

Thanks

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet