cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback

ben2611

Cashback

Hi, I am having trouble claiming my £50 cashback. My services went live in February 2017. I was disappointed to find that every single email from Plusnet went straight to my email inbox but I called 3 weeks ago to find out what had happened to my cashback email and was told it would probably be in my spam folder as it is sent from a marketing department! Hence i never saw it or opened it. Plusnet knew this and agreed to send me another email and nothing has arrived after checking my spam box every day for 3 weeks. They said it would take up to 10 working days to receive it! There is poor response on the phone calls as waits of up to 30+ minutes are common. Why do Plusnet bot have an email for customer service?

3 REPLIES 3
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: Cashback

Welcome to the community forums @ben2611

Sorry to hear of the problems you've experienced claiming your cashback.

Looking over your account it sounds like there may have been some confusion here. When this was initially chased up a few weeks ago, our marketing team actually auto-redeemed the cheque to get this sent out to you, as opposed to re-sending the redemption email as you had been advised.

Apologies that this was not followed up with you and you were left waiting for an email that wasn't going to be sent.

I've checked for an update on your cashback and it looks like it was expected to arrive in the post some time last week.

While I appreciate you only made this post of Friday, could you let me know if you're still waiting for the cheque to arrive now and I'll get this chased up again for you if it still hasn't arrived over the weekend.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
ben2611

Hi,

Sincere thanks for your reply. It appears you are spot on with regards to this. As well as posting on here on Friday, I waited 35 minutes to get through on the customer service line and eventually spoke to a guy named [CSA Removed]. He was helpful but sadly told me to wait until May 6th and then get back in touch if the promised email did not arrive.  I am sure you wll agree it is rather unacceptable to be waitimg for an email that will never arrive! I accept mistakes happen and I still await my promised cashback as there is no sign of a cheque yet so if you arrange for this to be sent to me I will be most grateful.

Regards,

Lee.

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): CSA name removed as per Forum rules.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Lee. I am sorry to hear you have not received your cheque yet. I've escalated this matter with our Marketing team, and I  expect to receive an update within the next 5 working days. I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet