cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback rejection

psolomonsept

Cashback rejection

Was previously a customer with plusnet a few years back, recently swapped back to them after seeing a cashback offer on norfolk rewards. Followed the link and went through the sign up procedure now after the cool off period has ended my cashback gets rejected. Realise now i should of looked at the forum first. Wont be coming back after this contract ends ☹️
9 REPLIES 9
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Cashback rejection

@psolomonsept,

A warm welcome to the forums.

There are a number of reasons why cashback fails - it is usually down to a failure for the process to 'track' due to the customer's PC blocking or trashing cookies.

Do you use a cookie killer?

Have you appealed the rejection?

Superuser citation

This topic has been cited by one of the Superusers; the purpose of which is to provide a note for information which might help to focus continued discussion (but might not result in a staff response).

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

psolomonsept

No i dont and it wasn't picked up originally when i applied. I ave attached a screenshot of the message.

Many thanks
Paul
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The general advice is to contact the affiliate first.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

psolomonsept

I have done that know. Just dont understand why a simple process of following a link via Norfolk rewards has become so complicated. If i had known that this was going to happen in the cooling off period i would of cancelled the order and gone with another provider, now i am stuck feeling pretty feed up nd unable to leave because of cancellation charges. Great
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The cash back process is generally not an issue, though not in all cases. The tracking process is very dependent on effective use of cookies - which can be prone to problems.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Hi Paul. Sorry to hear your cashback has been declined.

Just to make sure have you raised a claim (Or transaction query) with the affiliate?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Ivan66

Having placed my order on 27th November for fibre extra with TCB, listing £85 cashback, my order never tracked. I contacted the team in December and they informed me that it was put in ice and they would follow this up for me. After waiting patiently, just received an email telling me that I will not be receiving it as it has not been identified as a referral! I signed up through TCB website and followed the link correctly. The cash back was an incentive I needed and I took out this service after many years with BT. I have also changed mine, my husbands, two sons and mother to plusnet mobile service, am seriously considering leaving this service due to this time wasting and utter deceit. Shame on you!
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear that @Ivan66

I've raised this with our Marketing team and we'll update you when we know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for your patience @Ivan66

Our Marketing team have advised that your account isn't showing on the affiliate systems we use which indicates that it's not an affiliate sale.

If you definitely went through TopCashBack it's likely due to a cookie attribution error on the device you were using. This type of issue normally happens due to browsing habits, ad blockers etc.

With that said, if you can send me a PM with screenshots of your TopCashBack account page showing the cashback claim etc we'll be happy to look into this further.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet