cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback e-mail sent but never received?

Ollie-61
Hooked

Cashback e-mail sent but never received?

Hi all.

I note from forums that non receipt of cashback e mail once signed up with Plusnet is quite a commo problem. I signed up in July 2019 and should have had an e mail to advise how to claim cashback but this was not received. For one reason or another I did not chase this up untill recently. I am now told an e-mail was sent to me in August 2019 but having checked my e-mail in box there is no receipt - offer has now expired after 2 months. Issue has been passed on to marketing for comment/feedback. Has anyone experienced this kind of problem over this length of time?

Thanks in advance for any feedback  

8 REPLIES 8
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: Cashback e-mail sent but never received?

Moderator's note(s):

Thread moved from General Chat to My Account/Billing.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Ollie-61,

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't receive your cashback redemption email. Our cashback provider have confirmed that this was sent to the contact email address on your account on 26/08/19, so it may be the case that this was filtered into your junk mail folder rather than your inbox. As it has been over two months since this was sent, the redemption link has expired we are no longer able to redeem this cashback for you. I'm sorry to hear that the advisor that you spoke to escalated this to our marketing team and I will pass on feedback about this. As the link has expired, our marketing team will not be able to assist with this.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Ollie-61
Hooked

Emily D.

Thank you for your reply. However this is unsatisfactory and i wish to lodge a formal complaint in relation to the non notification of instructions to claim cashback. You say that your records show that the notification e-mail was sent to me on 26.08.2019 and assert that the e-mail may have been filtered into my junk mail folder. So you must be fully aware that this is possibly happening to customers and from reading through other posts on the same subject non receipt of this particular e-mail seems to be a common problem. Why is this?  Why are only e-mails giving instructions on how to claim cashback going astray and your other e-mails notifying set up or bill ready to view for example not.  What have you done or what are you doing to resolve this problem. Do you take steps to warn your customers that these e-mail may go astray or do you just sit back and watch while it happens in the hope that it overlooked by the customer and the offer eventually expires as in my case.

If you are aware of this problem and do nothing to warn customers then Plusnet are neglegent. The claim is "Plusnet serves you well" this doesnt seem to the case when it comes to cashback.

It is not satisfactory to just say we sent the e-mail and there is nothing we can do and I am minded to refer this matter to the Ombudsman Services. I would however first ask you to reconsider your decision regarding the cashback payment. 

I await your considered reply.      

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Ollie-61,

Thanks for coming back to us.

I can certainly understand why you feel this way, and have now logged your complaint here with the findings of our investigation. Feel free to reply to this ticket & I'll get back to you as soon as.

Thank you.

Ollie-61
Hooked

Mads. Thank you for your attention on this matter which I hope can be satisfactorily resolved. I await your reply

Regards

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hey @Ollie-61,

We've not got any replies to that ticket, please give us a nudge once you've replied & we can get that picked up.

Thanks.

Ollie-61
Hooked

Hi Mads,

can you please update me as to the current situation with my formalcomplaint.

Regards

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, Mads is out of the office today but is back in on Monday so I'll make sure she picks this back up with you then.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team