cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback driving me insane

Mike500

Cashback driving me insane

Hi,
I've been trying to deal with this via the support system but am getting absolutely nowhere so I'm wondering if anyone else has had similar issues (Not missing cashback, it seems this is common, but more Support simply posting the same response about chasing marketing over and over again).
I signed up for Plusnet with the £50 cashback offer in November. The actual service provision has been fantastic and this makes the way this problem is being handled all the more unfortunately.
In early January I had not received my cheque so I chased it up via the Support system. My first reply confirmed that my account had the correct offer assigned to it and that I was eligible for the cashback.
Since then I have been going round and round in circles.
I ask where the cashback is. Support tell me that they will ask Marketing to send it and it will take 5-14 working days (The time period is always different). Nothing happens. I ask again.
Yesterday I received my FOURTH explanation that it will be 'escalated with marketing' and my question was again put on hold for 7 days. I am getting nowhere and it's becoming increasingly frustrating.
Has anyone else had this? Just how difficult can it be to get somebody to post a cheque?
I can imagine that if I didn't pay my bill this month and kept telling support that I'd look into it and let the know in 5-10 working days I'd quite quickly find my service cut off!
5 REPLIES 5
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: Cashback driving me insane

I wish it was as simple as simply sending a cheque, but unfortunately it isn't.
I'm sorry for the problems you've had, and that you are going round in circles. I've checked your account, and I can see my colleague (who provided your last response) trying to progress matters for you. The idea is that when he gets more information, he'll let you know.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Mike500

Thanks for the response.
It must be particularly difficult for you guys as I'd imagine it's not your fault and you do all you can but the fault lies elsewhere.
Unfortunately, you are the only ones we can question about the situation!
Joshc
Grafter

Hey,
@Mike500

I have have chased and chased your £50 Cashback and I can see that It was sent to you on the 16/02/2015 and you should receive it today,
Please let us know if it arrives or not.
Mike500

Hi Josh,
Thats absolutely brilliant news - thanks very much. Has it been posted out or am I looking out for an email?
jim:quote
Joshc
Grafter

Not an email,
Its actually been posted to you Smiley