cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback details on Order Form - or lack of.

burrowsp
Grafter

Cashback details on Order Form - or lack of.

I know that Cashback offers take a while to come through but should there have been some mention of the cashback in the order details when I signed up?
I signed up for PlusNet's Unlimited Broadband + phone package via uSwitch's website. This clearly stated the £25 Cashback offer. However, the completed order contained no reference what-so-ever to the Cashback. Is this usual?
I have contacted both Plusnet and uSwitch regarding this:

Plusnet's response (Question #75981936):
"Looking at the URL (web address) in the attached image, the offer is created via U switch. They will be handling the Cash Back part of the offer as it is something they have bolted on top of our offers. You will need to contact U switch to ascertain the time frame and how payment will be made for the cash back offer."

uSwitch's response:
"Thank you for contacting us following your recent broadband switch. You would need to contact the provider directly to request this. They will be able to advise how you claim your cash back."

So, both are claiming that the other is responsible for the cashback. Not looking good here!
I don't want to wait 60 days just to find out that it cannot be paid as it was missing off my order form so if anyone can advise on this I would be most grateful.
Many thanks
P.S. Upload Cap - The migration went fairly smoothly from O2 Broadband to Plusnet Unlimited. Download speed as good (11Meg) but have submitted a request (Question #76502007) for the cap on the upload speed to be removed (448k with Plusnet. Was over 1Meg with O2)
10 REPLIES 10
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Cashback details on Order Form - or lack of.

Hi there,
uSwitch should be able to confirm that they've had the order through them, once they've done that then we'll be able to chase it up for you. We should receive a request from them for the order, once we have then we can approve the cashback for you.
burrowsp
Grafter

Thanks for the very prompt response Matt.
I have already been through to uSwitch and they just pushed me back to Plusnet.
burrowsp
Grafter

Should the order details have shown something regarding the Cashback offer?
burrowsp
Grafter

Plusnet have responded to my ticket (75981936) so have this in hand:
"I have checked your account, and your sign up offer code does not match any of our present cashback offers.  However, you have provided a clear screen shot showing our website as offering the cashback offer.
I am passing this on to the morning handover for review by a team leader."
Many thanks Plusnet. It is appreciated
burrowsp
Grafter

Latest Plusnet update:
7:08am, Monday 4 Nov 2013
"We would like to inform you that your Help Assistant Question [ 75981936 ] has now been returned to the Customer Support Centre pool. A member of our Support Team will investigate your issue as soon as possible".
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've asked our marketing team to take a look at this for you, there should be an update for you soon.
burrowsp
Grafter

Many thanks Matt. Greatly appreciated.
burrowsp
Grafter

Is it possible to put a hold on the phone line move from BT to Plusnet, due Monday 11th November, until this issue is resolved?
There seems no point in moving the phone line whilst there is still a chance that I may not get the package that I signed up for ( i.e. Unlimited Broadband + Phone + £25 Cashback).
This issue has dragged on for far too long now - Raised with Plusnet on 18th October and uSwitch on 20th October.
The last update on the ticket I raised (75981936) was that someone on the Sunday night shift was going to get this raised with a Team Leader on Monday morning. All that appears to have happened on Monday morning is that the ticket popped back into the Support Queue, with no updates since. I can only presume that it popped back in at the bottom of the queue, probable to wait several days before it is picked up and then passed to a Team Leader, possibly!
The last update on this forum post was from Matt, "I've asked our marketing team to take a look at this for you, there should be an update for you soon." Please define 'soon'. Is this hours, days, weeks or months? This action does not appear anywhere in the ticket (75981936) log so I'm not sure how the Plusnet Support teams know what is actually happening i.e. there is no audit trail here.
I dare not put a log of my own on the ticket as I've been told that this will move the ticket back to the bottom of the Support Queue, again.
An update, included on the actual ticket, would be greatly appreciated. And I'm serious about requesting a hold on the phone line move until this is resolved.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, just had a chat with our marketing team and I've updated the ticket for you - hope that's a satisfactory outcome?
burrowsp
Grafter

Many thanks Matt. You are a star.