Did you mean: 

Cashback declined

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Cashback declined

Hi there,

I've raised that with our Marketing team now.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gladysgreene

Hello, I'm having a similar problem to the people in this thread - I signed up to Plusnet Broadband via Top Cashback for £75 cashback on the 17th July and just logged into my account today to see that it's been declined, without saying why.

Would it be possible to get some help? I can provide screenshots if necessary.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear your cashback has also been declined

I've raised this with our Marketing team for you. In the meantime, if you can post up the screenshots that'd be great.

Cheers,

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
neilpeel007

Hi, I find it so strange that I also joined PlusNet through a quidco link on the 5th June 2017, The cashback offered was also Unlimited Fibre at the rate of £80 not the normal £50 if you went direct, and I also had the quidco logo at the top, like your screenshots. The cashback has been declined and I'm a bit puzzled so checked it, the tracking doesn't look right...If someone can look at this, it would be helpful. Other than the cash back issue, I've been very impressed.

Mav
Fixes: 514

Moderator's note:

Duplicate post removed.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi Neil,

I’m sorry to hear your cashback has been declined. I’ll get this investigated for you once I’m back in the office on Monday.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
gladysgreene

Hi Anoush,

Thanks for your response. I've just been to look at my Top Cashback account, and the Plusnet cashback seems to have gone back into pending from declined already! Thanks if this is down to your help!

I will keep an eye on it and get back in touch if something goes wrong again.

Thank you again.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

That sounds positive. I’ve not heard back from our Marketing team yet, but should receive an update next week. Be interesting to know if there have been any changes for the other accounts I’ve reported too..
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aranhe62
Hooked

My cashback claim, too, has been declined. TopCashBack, £95, 16/6/17 20:15.
I have just lodged a claim with TopCashBack but if a plus.net representative could check and expedite, I would appreciate! 

<off topic whinge>
Given all the customer support errors there have been with attempting to stabilise my broadband connection (including costly mistakes for Plus.net in twice sending an engineer when the issue was actually a known firmware problem with the router ), this is just the icing on the cake.
And then there's the 40-minute wait to get through to customer service either by phone or online chat, and the tendency of Twitter support to say "Hello' , ask what the problem is, and then promptly ignore you.
Sigh.
If it weren't for the fact they now appear to be working on the firmware problem, added to the cost saving, and the anticipated cashback, and the hope that once this is sorted I'll never have to contact customer service again for the remainder of my contract,  I'd have cancelled.  
<off topic whinge />

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi all,

Our Marketing team have advised us that there was an issue with our affiliates system, which has now been resolved. If you escalate the matter via the affiliate it should track correctly.

I apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
aranhe62
Hooked

Thank you

march83

I've had the same issue with top cash back. I already started the appeal process but just got the standard response saying it will be passed to Plusnet and it will be about 3 month's before I hear anything. Is there anything I need to do to speed this up if it is a known issue?
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @march83

I've checked the affiliate signup tracker and your account does now show as being signed up through TopCashback, so I can't imagine there would be any problem with the claim moving forward. Could you let us know if you've still not received a response from TopCashback by the end of the month.

Thanks.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
raetee

Hi, I had the same issue (Quidco cashback being declined) which I naturally put in a claim for, but the claim was declined before your issue was resolved so I can't resubmit via Quidco now. Is there anything you can do at the plusnet end? I definitely did sign up through Quidco and this was a big part of why I chose plusnet over other providers so I really hope it can be resolved. Thanks!

Laura86
Hooked

I have had a similar issue. I signed up to fibre through topcashback who were offering £70 cashback. It showed the Plusnet page that said 'in partnership with topcashback' yet my cashback has been declined. I signed my aunt up only a few weeks after myself and hers tracked and was payable with no hitches. I used exactly the same method to sign her up as I did mine. Mine never tracked in the first place so I raised a missing cash back claim. Which then weeks later was declined. I have tried contacting Plusnet and also top cashback via the missing claim chat but I have just been fobbed off by both. Apparently top cashback said that Plusnet declined to pay out. And Plusnet say they can't look into it for me and that I just have to go back to top cashback. Even though this is Plusnet refusing to pay out here!! If it is not dealt with I will be raising the matter with the ombudsman. Plusnet were promoting a cashback incentive for customers to sign up to and so this is a case of being mis- sold a product due to the non payment of the affiliate marketing that plus net use.