cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback debacle

Millvain

Cashback debacle

As with many others I am facing an ongoing cashback debacle.
Despite numerous requests on my part I have not been sent any email or any communication about how to claim the cash back. I contacted customer services about this before Christmas and was told that the matter would be dealt with, since then nothing has happened to rectify the situation. I called customer services to chase up on the 6th of January and was told the cash back email would be sent on 12th of January, once more I heard nothing. I contacted customer services again on January 15th and was told that my request would be 'escalated', once again nothing happened. I called customer services yet again on January 22nd was told nothing had yet been done but that my request would once again be 'escalated'.
In addition I have had numerous online 'chats' with customer service representatives, the last person I spoke to informed me that the cash back issue was 'their reach'.
I also have 3 complaints logged with Plusnet which have not been replied to.
So much for straight talking customer service...
22 REPLIES 22
Joshc
Grafter

Re: Cashback debacle

Good morning,
As you may have seen on other threads on the forum we are suffering from delays regarding Cashback,.
I can assure you that you will receive your Cashback just like many others have.
I apologise for the delays and I will personally look into whats going on let you know ASAP.
Please take a look at this ticket number (98379721)
Thanks

gofaster
Rising Star

Quote from: JoshuaC
we are suffering from delays regarding Cashback,

Wrong Joshua - PlusNet are causing and profiting from delays. It is the customers who are suffering.
Joshc
Grafter

Plusnet want our customers to be happy with our services.
We are not causing delays deliberately as you can see this would frustrate people, this would be detrimental to Plusnet.  
As you can see on other threads we are working through these issue's and people are getting there Cashback.
We will endevour to resolve these delays and get everyone their Cashback!!!
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Quote from: JoshuaC
As you may have seen on other threads on the forum we are suffering from delays regarding Cashback,.

Which is why you have just launched another cashback offer - why have a little problem when with you can make it in to a really big problem?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

The majority of customers receive cashback on time, unfortunately some don't and that's what we need to sort. We've improved escalation processes internally, staff can easier see which offer people took and we'll continue to learn from these.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

What is the issue that is causing some not to get theirs on time.?
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Chris
Legend

I'm not fully privy to that, as I've not been involved in the processes but from where I am I can see the improvements from a CSC agent side and have confidence in the other processes.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
chrcoluk
Grafter

why do plusnet do cashbacks vs a simple direct cash giveaway to customers?
the only reason I can think off is that a certian % of cashbacks dont get paid and as such is cheaper.
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: chrcoluk
the only reason I can think off is that a certian % of cashbacks dont get paid and as such is cheaper.

Not really sure, but I reckon that this would definitely be a factor. I know I've forgotten to claim for a deal before with a seperate company.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
ukchris
Dabbler

I'm another person affected by this. Signed up at the start of December as I saw the promotion for £75 cash back. I realised recently the cheque hadn't arrived so rang them to find out. Had a chat with a nice guy called Joe but he's just emailed me to say "The Marketing team have confirmed that the promotion code used on signup was not an E-Voucher promo code."
No idea what that means, since when I signed up I was in a live chat window with a Plusnet agent who said I would receive the cheque and did not mention any promo code.
This isn't right and I intend to do what's necessary to get it sorted.
ukchris
Dabbler

I've created a Twitter account here: https://twitter.com/plusnetscam
Please follow me and RT. Even if you got your cheque after a lot of hassle, it's worth raising awareness to others about these tactics.
Chris
Legend

I understand you're frustrated here, but posting the same across 3 different threads isn't helping at all.
Can you let me know if you signed up online or over the phone? As mentioned in the ticket the offer code used on your account is for a discounted broadband service but no cashback.
I've just done some more digging on this and we did have a cashback offer on at the time you signed up, but this would have needed to be signed up via an affiliate website. Signups directly through our site were the offer I've outlined above.
ukchris
Dabbler

I signed up online after a Live Chat session with an operator who confirmed if I signed up I'd be eligible. No promo code was ever mentioned.
ukchris
Dabbler

I did sign up through the affiliate.
Here's a screen grab:
http://i.imgur.com/CGiqqm1.jpg