Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback confirmation email not received and unaccessible email account set up

Edck
Hooked

Cashback confirmation email not received and unaccessible email account set up

Good afternoon Plusnet team,

I started my contract in August 2020. It included a cashback offer, however, I haven't received the cashback email yet.

I spoke to one of your customer service agents earlier today and he said that the cashback email was sent to an email address that includes my name and surname and ends with "plus.com". And the cashback expired in November.

This is very strange as I am sure to have used my personal email address instead when signing up for the contract, and I have never used or opened that "plus.com" email account.
On top of this, I am not even able to access this "plus.com" email account, or even my Plusnet online account, because the "change password" email is sent to this address that I've never used. it's basically an unfortunate loop.

I really need help here. Is there a chance to:

- have the cashback re-generated and sent to my personal email address (the same I used to register to this forum) or by post?

- Have my Plusnet account address changed to my personal email address, so that I can finally access my account? it's the same that I used to register to this forum.

Please let me know if you need further details and thank you for your help.

Best regards

P

8 REPLIES 8
Edck
Hooked

Re: Cashback confirmation email not received and unaccessible email account set up

Good morning,

Is there anyone who can help me solve this issue?

Thank you very much,

P

Edck
Hooked

Re: Cashback confirmation email not received and unaccessible email account set up

Good morning,

Would it be possible to have a look at my issue?

Here's a summary:

1 - my Plusnet account is set up with a different email that was created for me by Plusnet and I am not even able to access.

2 - my cashback was sent to that email address, and I only found out by calling the helpline, I would need it to be sent to my personal email address.

Please let me know if you need any further details on my side.

Thank you,

P

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Thanks for your post @Edck 

I'm sorry for the issues you've had.  

From what I can see you signed up online, selecting the option to opt for a Plusnet email address and hadn't provided another email address so the email to redeem your cashback (and all other correspondence) were sent to the Plusnet one. 

If you can't remember your password to log in to your account and update your details, I'd recommend calling us on 0800 432 0200 as we'll able to change your password for you from over the phone.

I'm afraid we can't resend the cashback email to another email address other than the one that was provided upon signup, and once the email's expired we can't resend it as there's no option for us to do so.

The cashback FAQs here explain the process and advises that you'd need to claim the cashback within 2 months (or if you contact us within that time-frame we could have provided the link to the claim form). Unfortunately the claim form's expired so that link won't work anymore though. Sad

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Edck
Hooked

Dear Anoush/Gandalf,

Thank you for your reply and for clarifying the underlying issues.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember opting for a Plusnet email account, I always use my personal email address for any subscription. Do you have a screenshot of any kind of the form in question?

Also, I don't remember being provided with a password to access my account. I suspect some error happened somewhere in the process?

Would it be possible to re-generate a new code, due to the fact that I was never able to access my account? Plusnet knows that the voucher was never used, and I chose this broadband plan by taking into account the value of the voucher, otherwise, I could have considered other suppliers.

I was a Plusnet customer in the past and I already had an account under my personal email address, I don't understand why a different address was created this time! Moreover, I am surprised there was no other way to know when the voucher was generated. I remember in my previous subscription to Plusnet I received the voucher in the post. A text message on my phone would have helped too, it feels like the system is not designed very well.

Hopefully, you can re-generate a new voucher as the previous voucher was not used, thank you for your kind assistance!

Best regards,
P

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, I'm sorry to disappoint but we're unable to generate a new code I'm afraid. With regards to the password that would have been created by yourself as part of the sign up process for the account .

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
priyesh123

https://community.plus.net/t5/My-Order/Reward-card-scam/td-p/1775502

These guys like to scam people it seems. Never use PlusNet ever again!!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

@priyesh123 Sorry to hear that. I'll respond to your topic shortly

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Edck
Hooked

Hello adamwalker,

Thank you for your reply. Would it be possible to receive a "deadlock letter" (that states that the case is closed on your side) in my personal email address inbox ASAP?

Or otherwise, the exact procedure on how to receive one on this case?

I would need it to proceed with the Ombudsman services.

Thank you,

P