cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback - complain to Ofcom

Millvain

Cashback - complain to Ofcom

Like many others here I am still awaiting cashback and have endured a string of broken promises. I would advise others to take a few moments to complain to Ofcom as I myself have done.
http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/complain/
Although Ofcom do not get involved in individual complaints they do publish information on the volume of complaints they receive. They also provide useful advice about how to handle your complaint against Plusnet:
...you should ask Plusnet to send you a letter outlining their final position. This is known as a ‘deadlock’ letter. Once you have received a ‘deadlock’ letter, you will be able to take your dispute to an Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) scheme. You can also take your dispute to an ADR scheme if it remains unresolved eight weeks after you first complained. An ADR scheme is a free and independent service which can award costs to a consumer. A provider must abide by the decision of the ADR scheme. However, you are not bound by this decision and can consider legal action if dissatisfied with their decision.

Plusnet is a member of the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) for the purpose of ADR. They can be contacted at:

CISAS
International Dispute Resolution Centre
70 Fleet Street
London
EC4Y 1EU

Phone: 020 7520 3814
5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: Cashback - complain to Ofcom

@mods,
Please apply forum rules to stop the proliferation of multiple threads on this subject.  There are enough of them across several of the boards which is very unhelpful to staff trying to manage the problem, to say nothing of the litter like prevalence of threads.  There are also a number of individuals making the same post in each of the threads...
Quote from: http
•Multiple reports of the same thread, duplicate reports or frivolous reporting will be deemed as abuse

I fear that for many, the forum rules are now all but invisible, being in one of the forums way down the list.  Previously when placed in Announcements or Feedback, they were somewhat more visible in the frequently visited forums.
Can the mods please consider placing a link at the top of all forums to these rules please?
Thanks,
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Try looking in the site links in the footer!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@Millvain,
I'm digging in to your cashback query now, I'll reply to your ticket when I have more info.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: jelv
Try looking in the site links in the footer!

Jelv,
Fair point if one is actually looking for the rules.  I do not recall reading down the pages that for, my brain dismissing it as "page clutter".  I think though the forum rules need to be "push" communicated rather than "pull" communicated.
The prolification of threads on this subject is helping no one.
Kevin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

sjptd
Grafter

It seems a much commoner problem is for someone to post on a thread and be told 'That is completely different; please open a new thread and don't hijack this one.'.
I suspect the number of threads on this is minute compared to the number of people failing to get timely cashback.