cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback cheque not received!

acefacemod65
Dabbler

Cashback cheque not received!

Quelle surprise! Yet again Plusnet have failed to deliver on their promises!

It is now 30 day's since applying (on 05/11/2019) for my £60.00 cashback, and it has not arrived!

This is despite being assured on 17/11/2019, that I would receive this by 05/12/2019, at the very latest; in fact here is the actual quote, from Anisah Iqbal - CSC Analyst, dated 17/11/2019 @ 7:47pm:

"The £60.00 cashback reward is sent out by our Marketing team so unfortunately we cannot inform when it has been posted. You should receive this by 5 December 2019 at the very latest."

I decided last night, to look at the FAQ's regarding cashback rewards, as I have a deep mistrust of anything Plunet say, due to personal experiences with this company over 4.5 years, and having read the plethora of customer complaints regarding cashback payments, both on the Community pages on here, and from general online searches (some going back 3 years!); having read question no. 2: "I've not received my cashback/Gift Card?, I have just phoned the number given (0800 587 2013), only to be told that due to a routing problem, this is the wrong number!

I was then transferred to some barely audible, foreign sounding women, who didn't appear to be Plusnet (?), and then transferred again, this time to [another?] 3rd party company; they are raising a ticket on this issue.

But what I really want/need to know is: Why do Plusnet continually mislead (lie?) to their customers? Why has my cashback cheque for £60.00 not arrived within the 30 day's, as advertised/promised? When WILL I receive this cheque?

11 REPLIES 11
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Cashback cheque not received!

Sorry to see this. We've no reason to lie or withhold your cashback but it does sound like there's been an issue getting this processed for you so I'm really sorry about that. 

I've checked our records which show it was sent out on 5/11/19. I think there is an issue with the contact number you were trying so I'm sorry if we didn't give you the right details, the contact details you'll need can be found here: https://www.blackhawknetworkeurope.com/about/contact

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
acefacemod65
Dabbler

Hi:@adamwalker 

On the 5th Nov I redeem the offer for the £60.00 cashback. Here is the confirmation email, plusnet:

"Hi Adam,

Thanks for claiming your Plusnet Reward.

We're now making sure it wings its way to you. We'll send it either by email or by post to the address on your My Details page.

We work to get rewards sent as soon as possible but please allow up to 30 days for postal deliveries to arrive.

Happy spending,

The Plusnet Team"

On 13th Nov, as part of an ongoing open ticket I have with Plusnet, I asked if it would be possible to be notified when the cheque had been posted, and explained that I am on benefits and that my Birthday was coming up and how nice it would be to have the cheque in time for that. I received a reply to that question on 17th Nov:

"The £60.00 cashback reward is sent out by our Marketing team so unfortunately we cannot inform when it has been posted. You should receive this by 5 December 2019 at the very latest."

It is now 31 days and counting, as it has NOT arrived today, either! At this rate, I have serious doubts of receiving it before Christmas; in fact Brexit will be delivered quicker...and that thought is truly shocking!

Considering the vast amount of complaints, concerning failed deliveries of these cashback cheques - dating back to at least 2016, I would strongly suggest that Plusnet either uses a different Marketing firm; or stops offering deals it cannot honour!

OllieC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi @acefacemod65

We're really sorry for any inconvenience caused. I can see that @Mads has ownership of this complaint and will provide an update for you when she has a response from our marketing team. 

You can view your complaint here

Kind Regards

acefacemod65
Dabbler

32 DAY'S AND COUNTING! Even if, by some sort of miracle, the cheque arrives on Monday, that will be 34 DAY'S, which is not, and even a buffoon politician couldn't spin it, as being within 30 DAY'S!

Wholly unacceptable; wholly unsatisfactory!

Is the marketing team part of Plusnet, or a 3rd party? Either way, if they are the former, then sack them, or retrain them, or stop making unfulfillable offers re: cashback; if the latter, well as there are complaints re: cashback going back to at least 2016, use a different marketing firm - one who can fulfill it's/Plusnet's obligations; or stop offering deals that cannot be fulfilled!

How would Plusnet like it if I said that I will pay my monthly bill, at some point over the next 30 day's and still not pay it after 32 day's? Yes, that's right, they'd cut my broadband and either start legal proceedings to reclaim the money, or sell the debt on to a collections agency!

Ofcom and Trading Standars ARE going to hear about this; this is NOT the first time that Plusnet have jive-arsed me about, in the 4.5 years as a customer, nor is it the first time that I've warned Plusnet that I will conact the aforementioned regulatory bodies! The Rubicon has most definitely been crossed this time and the die has been cast!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @acefacemod65,

I can certainly understand your frustration with this, however, as Adam has advised we have followed our own procedures here & within the time-frame that was advised. Sadly as you've mentioned the cashback reward has not reached you, I have escalated this back to our marketing/billing team to investigate & will update your ongoing complaints ticket once I receive news.

As an aside, Ofcom do not deal with individual complaints - you'd need to be speaking with the Ombudsmen, however, they wouldn't look into the complaint until it is either 8 weeks old or has reached the stage were we have issued a deadlock code. For more information on how we handle our complaints please check out this link.

Thanks.

acefacemod65
Dabbler

@Mads 

In case you haven't seen my reply to this message from you:

"Dear Mr Bolton,

Good afternoon,

Thank you for your reply here and on the community forums.

I have now had a response from our marketing team confirming a cheque was sent out to the address listed on the account on 06/11/19. Before we issue a new cheque please confirm the below address is correct:

Once we confirmation of the address we'll be able to get that cheque re-issued and sent across to you.

Thank you.

Kind regards,

Madeleine Shortall"

Here is my reply:

"The address is correct, but might I suggest that it be written in a clearer manner on the envelope, for example:

The way in which you have the address written, it look's more like 'Flat 22'; no wonder it failed to reached me! That's IF it was actually sent at all?

In addition to my last post; during the 30+ day's in which I have been eagerly awaiting this phantom £60.00 cashback cheque, I have received a letter from Plusnet - with my address written correctly. However, that is where the 'correctness' of the letter began and ended.

The letter was actually demanding money for a cancelled account; an account that Plusnet admits that it broke; an account where Plusnet actually advised me to cancel and open a new account, in order to resolve their f'kup! An account that I was assured I would NOT have to pay anything for it's cancellation!

Every step of the way, over 4.5 year's, whenever I have had to contact Plusnet re: billing issues etc, and non receipt of cashback cheques, I just get jive-arsed about!

I suffer from (and have constantly informed Plusnet staff when ever dealing with them) mental health issues, such as anxiety, stress and depression; yet despite all this Plusnet persist in messing me about!

All of this unnecessary stress and hassle is causing me untold anxiety and distracting me from carrying on with my 'normal' life; in fact I am feeling decidedly suicidal over all this"

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Personal information removed from a public forum (to an area that staff can see).

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hello @acefacemod65,

Thanks for getting back to me.

All updated for you on the complaint ticket.

Thank you.

acefacemod65
Dabbler

Hi @Mads 

Some good news at last; the £60.00 cashback cheque arrived this morning! I have paid it into my bank account, via the post office as there is no longer a branch of my bank in my town; hopefully it should be cleared by next Friday? That's a weight of my mind and I can now look forward to getting some nice grub in for Christmas, with no risk/need to visit the foodbank! £60.00 is a month's worth of food shopping for me.

Thanks for your help in chasing this up for me Smiley

Regarding the other ticket that you re-opened (194631576), concerning my old account; I cannot access the ticket on here for some reason? I received an sms text this evening (19:25}, saying that Plusnet were unable take payment for my bill? I'm guessing this about the old (cancelled) account again, as I am up to date with my new/existing account?

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @acefacemod65,

Thank you for getting back in touch. I'm glad to hear that you've now received your cashback cheque - hopefully this will clear into your account soon.

I can confirm that the text that you received was regarding your closed account. I'm sorry to hear that it's not allowing you to log in to your account to view the ticket. We can send a copy of this to your email address, however we don't currently have an email address that's linked to your closed account. Please can you send me your contact email address via PM . If you drop us another message on here once you've done this, we'll pick this back up and get a copy of the ticket sent to you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
acefacemod65
Dabbler

@EmilyD 

@Mads 

I am still receiving harrassment sms texts regarding my old account! One a few days ago and today, another 2 page sms text message!

I have just spoken to someone from the billing dept., as that was the number given in this latest text; she will be raising [yet another] ticket regarding this. This is despite me speaking to billing/payments dept., back on 7th November, at 15;29; a conversation that lasted for 4mins 46secs!

Please, please, pretty bloody please SORT THIS OUT!

I am feeling incredibly stressed by all this unwarranted harrassment!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hey @acefacemod65,

Thanks for getting back in touch with us.

I'm sorry this is still a thorn in your side, I've now updated your ongoing complaint ticket with further information - I await your reply.

Thanks.