Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cashback Declined

FIXED
tc1925p422
Hooked

Cashback Declined

Hi

I have just sign up to PlusNet Unlimited Fibre 36mb on 28 July 2018, through TopCashBack which were offering £70.00 cashback, it seemed to track correctly as it showed up as pending in my TopCashBack Account a few hours later and also signing up through TopCashBack means I got the package for £23.99 rather then £24.99 so the evidence is there.

When logging into my TopCashBack Account today the cashback has been declined for some reason, I did everything correctly and I also cleared my cookies before starting the signup process through TopCashBack and browsed no other sites during the process.

My Fibre broadband has not even been activated yet and we are already having problems, this is not a very good start as far as I am concerned.

I would be very grateful if somebody could look into to this for me.

Thank You

10 REPLIES 10
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: Cashback Declined

Hi there.

From what I can see your account was created on an affiliate offer.

I'd recommend raising a transaction query (though it may be referred to it as a claim on your side) with TopCashback to investigate this.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tc1925p422
Hooked

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I have already opened a claim with TopCashBack and it's on Ice until the 27 August 2018 by which time I will be locked into an 18 Months contract. I am not going to let that happen as I will cancel my account within the next few days if this is not resolved.

This does not seem to be a tracking issue as you have confirmed that I did sign up under an affiliate offer. It seems to me that a member of PlusNet staff has manually declined my cashback for some reason, since it has been marked as retailer declined by TopCashBack.

The offer I did sign up for had one day left before expiry and has now been replaced with another offer but with £40 cashback instead of £70. I have already drawn my own conclusions as to why it was declined by PlusNet. Obviously cashback can get declined at anytime but after two days it has left me suspicious of PlusNet and I am now regretting my decision to sign up with them, as they seem be be reluctant to honour their promises.

It's interesting that the offer I signed up for was for £23.99 on an 18 Months contact with £70.00 cashback and the part which benefits me has been taken away surly if there is a problem, the whole offer should be declined. So my package should now be on a 12 Months contract at £24.99 per month or cancelled. When I signup to something I expect to get what they say I am getting not just part of it.

Hopefully we can get this matter resolved in the next few days otherwise I will be cancelling my account.

Thank You

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry to hear that.

I've emailed a colleague in our marketing team to look into this and I'll post back when I know more.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tc1925p422
Hooked

Thank you Gandalf, I appreciate your help with this.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No worries, I'll let you know when I hear back.

My advice at this stage would be that we can see you signed up on an affiliate offer so we'll help sort this out.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Fix

OK so I've discussed this with one of marketing colleagues, and for some reason your account is showing as a failed signup on the affiliate systems we use.

To resolve this, we'll refund the £70 back to your bank account once your account goes live.

Hope this helps.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tc1925p422
Hooked

Hi

Well that does seem to explain things, thank you. Everything did seem to run smoothly at my end, so probably just a glitch somewhere.

Could PlustNet please confirm what you have said about the refund in an email. then I can happily let the sign up process take it's natural course.

Thank You

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems and I've already done that a while ago. Ref is ticket 180080902.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
tc1925p422
Hooked

Thank you for your help.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

No problems at all.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet