cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash back and referrals..........

gabicava83

Cash back and referrals..........

Dear Support,
I found a thread on this topic through the search function but it was back in 2011, suppose things have changed since then.
I have a quite few friends who will be moving to plusnet since I have been recommending it Smiley
They all use quidco, when you go through quidco it states that if this is a referral then the cashback offer does not apply, which seems a bit harsh within reason.
So my question is, can the referral be added after the order is placed through quidco, or if it's added through quidco, does it matter?
Any info on this would be really helpful Smiley
Thanks,
G
8 REPLIES 8
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: Cash back and referrals..........

Hi there,
We prefer not too  to be honest, but we can add some referrals post-signup for you.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
gabicava83

Adam,
Thank you very much for your reply.
That is good to know.
Obviously, I don't want people to miss out on potential cash back opportunities, but if I can get a referral out of it too, it makes it worthwhile for myself.
Thank you very much for being accommodating if required.
Can you please confirm/decline if cashback will be provided IF the referral is filled in on your website, as the same time as going through the application via the affiliate link through quico/topcashback or others?
Thanks very much,
G Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Surely if they sign up through quidco it's quidco that was the final referrer!
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
gabicava83

Quote from: jelv
Surely if they sign up through quidco it's quidco that was the final referrer!

I see why some people could see it that way.
But if I am recommending my friends/clients to Plusnet and informing them that they can also get money back from Quidco, by following your comment it would mean I get no benefit?!......  Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero

But if I recommended Plusnet to a friend and then you also recommend Plusnet to them should we both get the referral? What if three people recommend Plusnet to the same person, or more? Plusnet could end up paying out more in referrals than the new user is paying. It makes sense to me that there should only be one referral per new user and that is either a traditional referrer OR somebody like quidco.
gabicava83

Quote from: jelv
But if I recommended Plusnet to a friend and then you also recommend Plusnet to them should we both get the referral? What if three people recommend Plusnet to the same person, or more? Plusnet could end up paying out more in referrals than the new user is paying. It makes sense to me that there should only be one referral per new user and that is either a traditional referrer OR somebody like quidco.

You're taking it out off context slightly Smiley
Quidco and a personal recommendation are different. You and I both know that.
I think personal recommendations, should only be to one beneficiary, hence why there is only one box when people register on Plusnet Wink It's up to the person registering to choose who will benefit, if anyone at all of course.
More than happy to be guided by Plusnet though, hope you see where I am coming from.
Smiley
jelv
Seasoned Hero

No I don't see where you are coming from.
When Plusnet decide on the costing for their product they take in to account that a certain percentage will be referred and they cost in the amount they have to pay in referrals. If they had to cost in a percentage that will have both a referral AND sign up through something like quidco they would either have to put up prices or reduce the referral values. Quidco etc. are just another type of referrer.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

See here http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,112065.0.html
Both cash back and referral are not permitted.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.