Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cash Back

Holtynator
Hooked

Cash Back

Hi, 

I signed up lin May when there was a £30 cash back offer. I completed the online process and the outgoing screen stated 'Your claim has already been redeemed and is currently being processed, so will arrive with you shortly' I understand this should have been received a cheque within 30 days but i have not received anything - could somebody please advise? I have tried to call but was unable to stay on hold for the 15 minute wait time and online chat is 'not available'. Any help would be much appreciated.

8 REPLIES 8
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Re: Cash Back

Hi there,

Sorry to hear you haven't received your cashback. Because of the length of time that's passed [more than 2 months] before you've chased up the cashback I'm afraid that the offer has been forfeit as per the T&Cs.

Many apologies for any disappointment caused.

Anoush

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Holtynator
Hooked

Hello Anoush,

Your response appears to be a standard answer. However, I believe a precedent has already been set:

https://community.plus.net/t5/Broadband/Cashback/m-p/1423738

To be clear, further to the instructions I received from Plusnet via email on 17 May, I completed the application form within the time period prescribed and received a confirmation (please attached screen shot). I still await a cheque for cash back as promised. My circumstances are exactly the same as the claimant cited in the above link.

I am certain I am not alone in my disappointment that Plusnet takes this tack in offering cashback to entice new customers and then reneges despite claimants following the implied T&Cs.

Please respond.

Many thanks.

Tags (1)
Holtynator
Hooked

Still waiting for your response Anoush? 

Many thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sorry about the delay.

This seems to be a little different to the thread you've linked. From your original post, you've explained you were advised you'd receive your cheque within 30 days which would have brought us to the 17th June.

Since then it's been over 2 months which would mean it's forfeit I'm afraid.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Holtynator
Hooked

Hello Anoush,

The condition was that I claimed my cash back via the online form within two months of commencement of the contract which I did. That you have failed to honour the promise of cash back within 30 days of the claim makes you in breach of the contract, as per your own terms and conditions. The fact that I have not brought it to your attention within the 2 month 'window' is immaterial.

The precedent set shows you have acknowledged this rationale from another customer and paid the cash back as per the agreement. I will be escalating the matter to include discrimination as well as breach of contract should you continue to refute my claim.

Please respond promptly.

Many thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

I'll be happy to send this over to our marketing team to review for you.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Holtynator
Hooked

Yes please, if you would. Could you also ask for a rapid response please?

Many thanks

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

We'd generally hear back within 5 working days but it's usually quicker.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet