Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Payments error using Firefox

kdhuk
Grafter

Re: Card Payments error using Firefox

Quote from: Anotherone
What about Control Panel >Regional and Language options. Is it all set to UK and not customised incorrectly in some way?
Check >Regional Options >Customise >Numbers >Display leading zeros

Numbers set to 0.7 rather than .7  - so that's OK  All other settings in Win 7  set to UK etc.
kdhuk
Grafter

Quote from: kmilburn
Regarding the screen-shot, you're not missing the mm,  you just need to expand the 'option' to see it.
Ultimately,  the reason Firefox is displaying the wrong thing is that it's receiving the wrong thing,  which would imply something is intercepting and modifying it.
Another thing to check would be the proxy settings in  preferences, advanced, network, settings. usually there's no need for a proxy on a home network,  and some malware changes the setting.
Additionally you can investigate what the browser is seeing using the 'Developer Tools' network option, or if you want to get adventurous, you could install wireshark and use it to see what's happening at the network packet level.

Firefox is set "use system proxy settings "
so  why would all be  be OK on IE on same PC  and even correct using Firefox for Android on a a tablet on same home network?
Will try another PC running Win7 + FF34 on same network later and report back................
kdhuk
Grafter

OK -currently using a desktop PC but in the same home network there is 3 other laptops- 2 have Firefox with the same transferred profile of my Firefox set up which exhibit the same behaviour and another laptop which has a separate more basic set up which shows the initial 0!!
So despite using in safe mode it must be a problem with my Firefox setup.............. Cry
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Quote from: kdhuk
it must be a problem with my Firefox setup.............. Cry

Not exactly novel then!  Cheesy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kdhuk
Grafter

It's a pain cos I have been using the same Firefox profile since it's initial release in 2002....using MozBackUp to transfer to new PC's etc
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

You could be responsible for identifying why some people have been unable to make payments using charge cards.  Not a problem with the PlusNet system, but users (defective?) browsers?
Cheesy Grin Shocked

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Townman
Not a problem with the PlusNet system, but users (defective?) browsers?

So how do you explain this ? -
Quote from: kdhuk
I might add I only ever have this problem with drop downs on PlusNet - not on any other payment sites using Firefox Undecided

Huh
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

One might equally argue only a very few users have issues with the PlusNet site.
The poster has identified that the same back end system produces different results on their different platforms.  Those that fail have a common configuration element - FF profiles.
Other sites might be using different technology, specifically embedded payment processing from a third party (payment acquirers).