cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Card Payments error using Firefox

kdhuk
Grafter

Card Payments error using Firefox

I've just paid my Line Rental Saver using a credit card and discovered that a persistent problem that I first encountered joining PlusNet 3 years ago.
Using Firefox for card payments is next to impossible because of an error that occurs with the drop down boxes for card start and expiry dates .
In Firefox the drop down box for July for example is 7 In IE it is 07 .
In FF this means that the date is declared invalid and the transaction cannot proceed.
I raised this problem after trying to pay my initial charges on joining PlusNet in 2011 ........I can't believe it still persists. I remember it nearly put me off joining initially.

37 REPLIES 37
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: Card Payments error using Firefox

Unfortunately I can't check as my LRS isn't due for renewal but I had no problem renewing using Firefox and my card also runs out in July
kdhuk
Grafter

Maybe it's just me? - if so have I got a setting wrong? - any ideas anyone?
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Have you got Trusteer monitoring installed? That caused me problems with Firefox, including when trying to access my bank account and they recommended it. I've had no problems since I removed it.
David
kdhuk
Grafter

nope - no trusteer installed.
I might add I only ever have this problem with drop downs on PlusNet - not on any other payment sites using Firefox Undecided
picbits
Rising Star

I use Firefox (and have done for years) almost exclusively but have never had an issue with the drop downs.
I would try the LRS bit as a test but I don't want to renew mine this time around as I'm thinking of shuffling the packages around next year.
HerIndoors

I paid my LRS by credit card using Firefox on 9th Dec. No issues with the drop-down boxes.
I don’t have Trusteer on either. Only extension is NoScript.
Good luck finding the cause.
kdhuk
Grafter

I remember I managed to pay LRS one year using a card that had an expiry date of Oct,Nov or Dec - ie the two digits were present and the transaction proceeded OK -
Only fails if Expiry date is Jan- Sept when that initial zero is missing  Huh
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I'll go see if I can find the status of this problem. Is it a specific version of firefox that exhibits this behaviour, or does it happen in any of them?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
kdhuk
Grafter

Using  standard Firefox 34 currently  - no idea which other versions I was using over the years - always kept up to date though...........
Chris
Legend

Hmm we don't seem to have an internal problem raised on this, I'm also struggling to replicate it. I've just gone to add a card and the dropdowns are showing 01,02,03 etc correctly. This is using Firefox version 32.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Edit after succeeding post
Using FF34 I see a two digit number
kdhuk
Grafter

OK this is is a screenshot of what I get -- weird
.....this was for adding card to account - I cannot now get to LRS page as I have now paid it
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Try starting Firefox in safe mode and see if it is the same
Chris
Legend

Good suggestion Oldjim, that should rule out any plugins causing this problem.